Key Account Manager
- 291 Fairfield Ave, Fairfield, NJ 07004, USA
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Generate opportunities for revenue growth within global accounts consistent with SGS strategic key account initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure the alignment and integration of services and operational deliveries in accordance to global CRS and sales strategies for assigned strategic accounts.
- Onsite presence required during normal business hours.
- Work in conjunction with CRS labs, operations, and other client services staff to achieve client deliverables.
- Meet the assigned account and team revenue goals and key performance indicators (KPIs) as defined by management.
- Generate opportunities for revenue growth within existing global accounts consistent with SGS strategic account initiatives.
- Generate within existing account assignment additional services or solutions opportunities across SGS CRS SBUs, and/or integrate other SGS complementary business lines.
- Prepare, communicate, and implement client-specific global SOPs.
- Maintain and build collaborative client relationships within respective client global account staff and within the internal sales and operations groups.
- Work effectively with sales and operations to deliver client expectations effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the global network to ensure the following: SOP compliance and prompt response to client inquiries regarding order status, department workload, capabilities and report content for jobs initiated by international sales efforts.
- Liaise between client / technical / operations teams.
- Work with a global network to streamline client services functions for more effective and efficient execution of services.
- Establish communications and relationships with internal and external staff and levels as necessary.
- Communicate and monitor client expectations of execution of SGS services to a local lab and global coordinators.
- Identify and respond to client inquiries/needs via phone and email.
- Develop report templates and other client-specific forms with the client as needed.
- Maintain and manage specific client pricing.
- Address customer complaints or issues in coordination with respective required disciplines. Support collection efforts to meet DSO targets.
- Other duties assigned as necessary in response to business needs.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- University graduate or equivalent educational background.
- 5+ years of commercial experience in a multinational organization desired.
- 2 years experience in the industry for the relevant business unit (CPCH, OTC, HL, or SL)
- International business exposure in imported consumer products desired.
- Strong written and spoken English skills, other languages will be an advantage.
- Persuasive, diplomatic, but always to the point and a strong ability to sell a concept.
- Hands-on, open-minded, proactive team player.
- Computer literacy (creating, filing, saving/uploading, searching, backup, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Travel Requirements: 5-15%
- Ability to establish effective working and team relationships with internal and external staff in a collaborative manner
- Highly motivated, dependable, and detail oriented.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Creative thinking skills to develop innovative solutions to solve customer requirements and expectations
- Ability to interface with supply chain senior managers and other customer structures.
- Capable of building trust, value others and communicate effectively.
- Customer focused, high integrity, excellent work ethic.
- Self-managed and responsible to project and time management.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.