- 12255 Delta St, Taylor, MI 48180, USA
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Technician, Junior performs routine testing, follows defined standard operating procedures and detailed instructions under direction of a Supervisor, Testing Laboratory. Sets up and executes tests, monitors and documents test results, reports results to Engineers. Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs routine tests to confirm if the product (part or set of components) performs their proposed functions in a satisfactory manner. Depending on Laboratory, assembles and runs test circuits, or reviews parts and performs applicable tests: calibration testing, or catalyst, or durability, or vibrations, or thermal, or noise level, or emissions, or pressure testing, or other as required.
- May use statistical methods to identify recurring problems and give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment, instrumentation and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to analysis.
- Performs testing as instructed and records / logs testing results, communicates results to a higher-level Technician, or to Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and protocols.
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the Supervisor.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of equipment as assigned.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory Test Technician Training Plan for Level 1.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in Testing Laboratory
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field
- Experience in Testing Laboratory
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by Testing Technician Certification Institute preferred
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.