IT Helpdesk Medewerker
- Generaal de Wittelaan, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
At SGS, you can choose. First of all, out of our various vacancies. However, SGS also gives you another choice. Do you choose to expand or to enrich? We are not only looking for colleagues who can go in to depths of their discipline. We are equally as much looking for colleagues who we call ‘connectors’, people who can connect our diversity to our services. To each other. And this way, enrich our business.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We’re also the benchmark worldwide for quality and integrity. And that makes us very proud. This can only happen thanks to more than 90 000 colleagues worldwide, with 1650 employees in Belgium only. Our employees give 110% of themselves every day, divided over all expertises, branches and cultures. Our coworkers build their own way inside the company, the services and the expertise.
SGS Life Sciences carries out all type of services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, from coordination and running of clinical trials with new molecules or techniques on human beings, to support and consultancy on post marketing registration activities. SGS Life Sciences has also expertise in the quality control of pharmaceuticals.
In the spirit of continued growth and to help improve our business, we are currently seeking for an IT Operations Support.
As IT Operations support you will be the first contact for the user support, regarding IT hardware and software problems. You will install hardware and software related to the PC’s park and you will ensure their optimal operation according to the user needs and to the business regulations, in order to improve productivity and to reduce the costs.
Specifically your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure the technical installation and the maintenance of the IT equipment and data-processing software related to the PC’s.
- Ensure the correct operation of the software used in the company.
- Solve problems and forward those problems that you cannot solve yourself to any 3rd line support provider (Network Admin, Application developer or 3rd party service provider).
- Ensure the reception of IT equipment.
- Assign a unique identifier number to each IT related equipment and software.
- Keep up to date the hardware and software inventory.
- Ensure the support of the users regarding to all SGS standard hardware and software.
- Give all necessary information for the validation of computerized systems.
- Take care of the installation of any hardware and/or software while respecting the relevant IT procedures.
- Give all necessary information for the establishment of documents related to the change control management.
- Assign the right levels of access to data and applications and the passwords to new employees and this at the request of the head of department and/or system owner.
- Accompany visitors who access the server room.
- Remove access rights to the SGS network of employees who leave the company based on information received from the HR department.
- Ensure an adequate circulation of information and data related to IT.
- Request the purchase of computer equipment to IT Administration.
- Take care of the data confidentiality by managing the names and passwords of network users, and this at the request of the person in charge of the concerned data.
What do you need to be successful?
- you have obtained a diploma for IT support work
- you have thorough knowledge in the use of data-processing tools and related computer equipment
- you have thorough knowledge of the installation and the administration of the hard- and software used within the company
- You speak fluent Dutch and English
- You have experience in end user support in a Microsoft Active Directory managed environment.
Last but not least, you can recognize yourself in these characteristics:
- Respecting timelines.
- Rigorous spirit, precise and methodical.
- Discrete for all confidential matters.
- Good communication skills.
What we have to offer:
Were you already considering a big switch in your career? Maybe this could be your next step. At SGS you can count on an interesting position where you can take responsibility. Come enjoy our fun team of colleagues and on top of that, we will reward you with an interesting salary package (incl. retirement plan, meal vouchers, …)
Do you want to be part of this?
We are looking forward to hearing from you! Send us your story and your resume via the apply button and maybe you will soon join us for work and coffee breaks. Still have questions? Anneleen can give you more details about the job. Send her an e-mail at [email protected]