Administrative Supervisor - Naperville, IL
- 1600 Shore Rd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for directly assisting the Manager with administrative assistance in support of the organization’s core functions and processes through collaboration, documentation, follow-up and preparation of correspondence / reports as well as managing data entry staff.
- Direct daily activities of all direct reports (data entry staff).
- Prepare, investigate and code all invoices related to the administration of the Branch, Department or Division.
- Monitor and maintain office/lab supply accounts and inventories.
- Ensures office equipment and machines are maintained.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing for meetings, travel, and presentations, etc.
- Compiles, assimilates and prepares documents/reports or other materials as required.
- Maintain department files, records and related databases.
- Participates in and coordinates special project assignments as required.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- BA/BS preferred, High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with adequate experience is acceptable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of transferable experience performing administrative responsibilities.
- Must have experience in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, management, external customers and the general public.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent organization skills which includes the ability to execute many assignments simultaneously while dealing with a steady of seemingly conflicting requests/priorities.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.