SGS TransitNet Client Support Officer
- Naas, Co. Kildare, Naas, Ireland
SGS is the world's leading Inspection, Verification, Testing and Certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, we operate and network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment, SGS TransitNet will be providing Irish businesses with online customs transits and customs procedures solutions that will be connected to Irish and International customs revenue offices.
TransitNet will be a 24/7 business support, successful candidates will work 40 hours per week over any five of seven days being reliable and flexible as they work different shift patterns
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Liaising with clients and customs offices via phone, email and in person at customs and client offices
- Handling client requests and concerns and responding promptly
- Completing client and customs declarations online
- Monthly reporting and client report generation
- Recording of KPIs for monthly review with the TransitNet Team
This is not a definitive list and other duties maybe added on an Ad hoc basis.
- Complete daily tasks efficiently as assigned by Manager
- Daily contact with customs and clients
- Update TransitNet system and run reports as required
- Accurate input of client customs declarations and client profiles on the SGS TransitNet system
- Data registration and processing taking accountability for accuracy and adhering strictly to Data Protection regulations and procedures/policies.
- Respond to requests by Customs and Client Offices and be proactive in problem solving and finding solutions
Leaving Certificate and/or FETAC 5 skills certificate or greater
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and develop positive working relationships with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure, keeping the end-goal in sight.
- Organised, focused with experience of working to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to finish a task, seeing it through to the end taking responsibility at each stage.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
Previous experience in Customs organisation and procedures or previous experience in an e-declarations business would be an advantage but not a requirement.