- 6A Metal Pit Dr, Mayfield West NSW 2304, Australia
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world
Flexibility is critical as you may be required to complete day, afternoon and/or night shifts. Working as part of a fast-paced, team, you will be responsible for:
- Accurately conducting physical coal testing and analysis of routine samples
- Receipting, recording, sorting and storing coal samples as required
- Compliance with analytical methods, procedures and SGS Quality Systems & onsite HSE Standards
- Day to day upkeep of analytical and sample preparation equipment.
- Delivery of quality samples to both internal and external customers.
- Understanding of assay methods and recognition of sample types
Previous coal sampling and testing experience would be an advantage. The successful candidate will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications and previous experience in a similar laboratory is desirable
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work in a team environment and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- A flexible schedule to cover various shifts and rosters
- A valid driver's licence and reliable transport are essential
- Please note that this role will involve manual handling.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We offer an open corporate and international culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
WE SUPPORT A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong environment in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.