Vice President, Sales CBE NAM
- 201 NJ-17, Rutherford, NJ 07070, USA
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Vice President, Sales CBE NAM drives the sales and business development of the Certification and Business Enhancement (CBE) within North American region: US and Canada. Provides leadership, direction, training, development and mentoring to the sales team. Defines qualitative and quantitative sales targets which will meet the company’s budget and objectives. Establishes commission and reward schemes which will cost effectively motivate and drive the sales team to exceed their targets and drive cross-selling. Constantly monitors and strives to improve the performance and effectiveness of the sales function. Proactively researches and develops new products to bring to CBE’s service portfolio and develop strategic growth initiatives and tactical sales execution plans for growth.
- Develops a sales strategy and be responsible for the sales team achieving the monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets to meet the company’s financial objectives.
- Sets individual sales targets for the sales team, in line with the business sector strategy.
- Develops the group sales commission and reward schemes which effectively drives performance and achieving sales goals
- Establishes and monitors the sales team activity KPIs to achieve results i.e. Phone calls/emails, client visits, proposals, win conversion rate. Reports out monthly to the management team.
- Manages weekly sales team pipeline review meetings at the business sector level to drive accountability and accelerate the volume and velocity of opportunities converted to wins.
- Recruits, trains and develops sales managers and other members of the sales team in line with agreed resource plans and objectives. Establishes a high performing sales team with low employee turnover.
- Develops transactional and consultative sales skills for the sales team to effectively sell the entire portfolio of services.
- Establishes strategic selling objectives to grow existing accounts and win market share.
- Identifies and disseminates best practice within the sales team.
- Collaborates with other business unit sales teams to develop strategic cross-selling initiatives.
- Manages the overall commercial activities of the sales team including proposal development and submission, client contract terms and conditions review, and the pricing strategy.
- Ensures that all sales activity is reported and maintained in the CRM for timely monitoring and management review.
- Coordinates with Marketing on the implementation of go-to-market activities (Traditional and Digital) to ensure a high volume of leads are generated for the sales team to achieve their targets.
- Works with the Business Sector Managers, Operations Managers, Key Account Specialists and Planners to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved and we maintain high retention rates.
- Leads the sales effort by identifying opportunities for the sales team to convert to new business by working with target accounts and the business team to develop and sell value added services.
- Identifies and implements specific sales programs to take advantage of short and long-term opportunities, based on industry analysis and market segmentation.
- Develops, approves and monitors costs incurred by the sales team to achieve profitability targets.
- Manages a diverse portfolio of services consisting of a mix of supply chain-oriented solutions.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline AND
- 15+ years of experience in the Certification industry or similar technical services industry. Experience in the Testing, Inspection, Certification industry is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading a sales team
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.