- 380 Kaien Rd, Prince Rupert, BC V0V, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
- Physically sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel's tanks and shore tanks using a variety of methods dictated by company and ASTM /. API procedures.
- Calculate and certify quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of those quantities.
- Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
- Work constructively with client's representatives, vessel personnel, and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results.
- Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
- Stay current with and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by field supervisors and/or office staff.
- Ensures work practices are carried out according to established methods that meet all Quality Control standards and best practices where this is required or appropriate.
- Always work in a safe manner and according to company and terminal procedures.
- Candidates will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will also be required to work on-call occasionally.
- Will be required to travel to customers facilities and carry out their job duties.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
LPG / Petroleum Inspections
- Performing LPG and Petroleum Cargo Inspections for condition, quality and quantity on board Tankers
- Performing LPG and Petroleum Cargo Inspections for condition, quality and quantity in shore tanks
- Performing Tank Inspections for cleanliness, suitability and condition
- Performing Bunker Surveys
- Education: High school Diploma (or equivalent) is required.
- Experience: 4 or more years of relevant work experience required or equivalent experience through education.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Post secondary education in cargo inspections or a related field would be highly desirable.
- 4 or more years of experience in a petroleum / LPG related field in regards to cargo inspections would be an asset.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel etc.).
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours may be required from time to time.
- Must be able to work odd hours around shipping schedules (days, nights, weekends, and holidays).
- Must be able to work weekends, and be on call on a 24 hour basis.
- Travel to other SGS locations may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.