Regional Sales Manager - Food Safety
- 201 NJ-17, Rutherford, NJ 07070, USA
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for all sales activities to include: Audits and full solutions within the food sector and assigned territory. You will also develop and implement agreed upon business/marketing plan, which will meet both personal and business goals for expanding customer base in the assigned territory.
- Responsible for all sales activities to include: audits, training, certification, and full solutions within the food sector and assigned territory.
- Develop and implement agreed upon business/marketing plan, which will meet both personal and business goals for expanding customer base in the assigned territory.
- Sell and make recommendations to prospects and clients on the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction; revenue generation, and long-term overall account goals in line with company vision and values.
- Develop a database maintained in CRM of qualified leads through consultant referrals, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Quoting in compliance with Accreditation Body requirements and/or product sector requirements.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory and /or product sector.
- Gather and submit detailed business information for pricing.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, and the effects of the problems.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Include the appropriate International Sales Manager (ISM) and or Global Key Account Manager (GKAM) on any opportunities that meet the criteria for a Global Key Account (more than 3 countries outside of the Region).
- Bachelor's degree required. Areas of concentration should include science, marketing or business.
- At least 5 years’ experience in technical sales within the TIC industry, specifically related to Food Safety.
- Technical selling skills and product knowledge in product sectors.
- Customer relationship skills.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.