Senior Project Engineer – Hazardous Location Environments
- 620 Old Peachtree Rd NW, Suwanee, GA 30024, USA
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
SGS is looking for a Senior Hazardous Location Project Engineer experienced with design concepts for explosion and flameproof environments
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Review Test Plan, Construction Review and Design Review. Must have reviewer qualification prior/ review record.
- Training Documentation for Flame-Proof / Explosion Proof (Standard such as, not limited to – IEC/ EN / UL/ CSA 60079-1, UL 1203 and similar) for Project Engineers and Test Engineers.
- Read and determine the applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test).
- Validate the project scope and sample applicability. Set up and operate EUT; perform and document simple repairs on EUT as needed.
- Perform testing of products in accordance with standards.
- Complete preliminary design reviews (PDR) both on and off-site.
- Develop, set up, and follow established test plans.
- Compile test results during construction review and testing. Compile data and product description and type final report using established report shell. Submit report to the reviewer for final approval.
- Communicate project status and test results to the client, sales personnel, and management throughout testing.
- Provide on-going support to clients as needed.
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Mechanical Preferred.
- 3-5 years (at minimum) directly related experience related to hazardous locations in Flame-Proof / Explosion- Proof category. Reviewer qualification preferred.
- 5 years plus experience in flammable liquids, gases, vapors or combustible materials producing explosion or fire, control panels, thermodynamics in heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigerating equipment is highly desired and relevant.
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other international product safety standards.
- Microsoft Office expertise. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organization and time management skills. Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Prior project management experience is a plus. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters.
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate - up to 25%.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.