Electrical Project Engineer
- 260 Old Peachtree Rd NW, Suwanee, GA 30024, USA
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
This is a mid to senior-level position requiring knowledge of electrical product testing and certification. The individual will be responsible for testing and managing lab throughput as well as client communication of projects and sales support. This individual will manage projects from the proposal process through the delivery of the final test report.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Additional duties include the generation of quality procedures and work instructions, design, and implementation of test fixtures, acquiring lab equipment, and obtaining and maintaining accreditations.
- Review the design of electrical products against ANSI / AAMI / UL / CSA / EN / IEC standards.
- Conduct tests in accordance with ANSI / AAMI / UL / CSA / EN / IEC standards.
- Specific knowledge of Medical IEC / ANSI / AAMI 60601-1 and related particular and collateral standards is required.
- Experience with Risk Management according to ISO 14971.
- Familiarity with standards of IEC / UL 62368-1 and IEC/UL 61010-1 is a plus.
- Generate reports based on review and test data.
- Project Management.
- Travel to customer sites - occasional travel.
- Design and implementation of test fixtures.
- Procurement of test equipment needed for lab scope expansion.
- Ability to engage with sales to develop and expand the market. Prior leadership experience a plus.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSEE or equivalent degree. 2+ years in the certification, testing industry. In-depth knowledge of IEC 60601-1 series of standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit, and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients domestic and international.
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills.
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.