Senior Compliance Manager
- Kaya W.F.G. Mensing, Willemstad, Curaçao
SGG is a leading multi-jurisdictional provider of Fund and Corporate administation service with a heritage dating back more than a century. We pride ourselves on the expertise and responsiveness we bring to our clients, providing tailored, global solutions in a transparent and cost-efficient manner through a >1500 people organization.
Senior Compliance Manager
Due to an imminent retirement, SGG (Curacao) N.V. currently has a vacancy for a Senior Compliance Manager to lead our Caribbean compliance team (Curacao, Cayman, Barbados, BVI and Aruba)
- Manages, coaches and develops Compliance team members for their individual advancement and for the benefit of the team
- Responsible for developing, determining and implementing risk and compliance guidelines, internal strategy and policies of the SGG Group and of the Caribbean platform (Curacao, Cayman, BVI and Barbados);
- Ensure that company locations have appropriate business-specific policies and procedures, consistent with best practices and company and Group policies, along with appropriate implementation and trainings.
- Advising local management on acceptance-, risk and compliance policies; with development of compliance- and risk related trainings of personnel;
- Assisting in maintaining all contacts with SGG’s Caribbean regulators and peers:
- Ensuring risk and compliance awareness within the Caribbean platform;
- Ensuring transaction monitoring of service delivery;
- Assisting with annually setting up and implementing SGG Caribbean Compliance Chart and risk analyses;
- Attend periodic client acceptance meetings and monthly risk and compliance meetings;
- Preparing, implementing and monitoring the annual Compliance Monitoring Planner;
- Annually reporting to CBCS, CIMA & the FSC;
- Advising SGG’s local business department and management team on risk and compliance issues, new legislation and guidelines in order to anticipate and respond to national and international developments;
- Arranging and attending periodic audits and trainings by the Caribbean platform;
- Preparation and supervision of filing reports to UTR/SARS- FIU (Curacao), FRA (Cayman) and FSC (BVI);
- Regular Group Risk and Compliance Committee reporting, including active participation in Group Risk & Compliance Forum
- Consult with legal department as necessary for procedural and legal assistance;
We are looking for passionate people, who wish to excel, both personally and for our international clients;
You take ownership and have a natural drive for results;
At least 7 years’ experience in a similar position of risk and compliance management within an international environment;
You have a Master’s degree in Law followed by a professional qualification e.g. CAMS/CFE/AML/CFT;
Ability to work under pressure and to manage various and conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines and quality standards;
You are trustworthy, a team player, flexible and a fun colleague to work with;
Your communication skills are excellent, both verbal and in writing in ENGLISH and DUTCH (3rd language pre);
Capable of giving presentations and address and negotiate on all related subjects in own area of expertise at internal and at client meetings.
As leader of the SGG regional Compliance function in the Caribbean, you are able to provide constructive and independent challenge to the First Line of Defense when necessary
A position with one of the leading Corporate and Fund Administration companies. Focus on personal development is an important part of our company culture. And of course, creating a positive work atmosphere remains paramount.
Working with SGG means working in a professional, dynamic and international working environment. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.