Principal - Accounting Structured Finance
- Hoogoorddreef, Amsterdam, Netherlands
SGG Group is a leading investor services firm providing a comprehensive range of compliance, administration and asset services to alternative investment funds, international companies, HNW families and entrepreneurs.
From our early beginnings in the private clients space, we have evolved and grown, and this has shaped the way we do business. SGG is among the most flexible providers in the sector and our entrepreneurial spirit drives us to find the best solutions for our clients. We help our clients realise their ambitions as they seek to keep pace with a changing environment. SGG attracts and retains the most experienced experts and invests in the industry’s leading software platforms to deliver the highest quality service to our clients across more than 25 countries.
Currently we are looking for a candidate for the role of Principal with an Accounting background and experience in the Structured Finance area.
- The Principal is appointed to keep the overview of the more complex client dossiers, allocated to him/her, from a legal, financial, administrative and compliance perspective.
- The Principal acts as the ultimate gatekeeper of client service quality in the firm.
- The Principal is the expert avant la lettre within the delivery organisation of SGG, for content questions and advice on client work or on client structures.
- The Principal is key point of contact for any quality and regulatory audits.
- Responsible for the quality control in the delivery domain while actively promoting empowerment and entrepreneurialism.
- Coaching of young employees to further develop their careers, as quickly as possible within their abilities.
- Principals are expected to do complex work themselves.
- Ensuring that methodologies, standards, (new) regulations, curricula, are applied and rolled out within the delivery teams.
- Compliance, risk policies and protocols are adhered to for all client work and deficiencies are repaired and/or escalated without delay.
- (Post) Master/BAC+5 in Accounting / Business Administration.
- A career in a financial / legal services environment in which the person has been able to develop the understanding of the clients’ needs, has proven coaching skills and demonstrable results, as well as proven proficiency in one of the core functional areas that SGG provide to its clients.
- Experience in administrations of Residential Mortgage Backed Securities, Covered Bonds, Collateral Loan Obligations and preferably other structured finance instruments.
- Languages: Dutch + English and a third language is preferred.
- You are a real content coach within your field of expertise.
- Creative when it comes to providing innovative and new solutions to client problems.
- Excellent understanding (hands on experience) of SGG’s service offerings and activities.
- Experience with compliance and due diligence work.
- Well-organised in follow-up and disciplined in keeping track of what has been agreed and actions as set out.
A position with one of the leading Corporate and Fund Administration companies in Europe and beyond. Focus on personal development is an important part of our company culture. And of course, creating a positive work atmosphere remains paramount.
Working with SGG means working in a professional, dynamic and international-oriented working environment.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including among others: 13th month, 30 vacation days a year and a premium free pension.