Account Director - Canada
- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp SGMS:NYSE) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful gaming and on-line betting operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. With huge demand for our products and significant investment globally, we will add in excess of 30% headcount this year alone.
We offer the speed, dynamism, and growth opportunities of a startup, underpinned by the stability and financial strength of a 10,000 person $4bn turnover group.
SG Digital has a market leading position within the regulated Canadian Sports and iGaming market. Some of SG Digital’s largest enterprise customers are in this region and they are growing rapidly across multiple product lines. With other provinces expected to come online over the next 18 months, this role offers an exciting opportunity to grow our business in a key region.
Reporting into Commercial leadership and sitting within the SG Digital (SGD) Commercial Team, the Account Director will lead account management and business development efforts for SGD’s Canadian business. These activities include identifying revenue growth opportunities, and setting / executing joint objectives, strategies, and action plans to meet and exceed short- and long-term profitability goals.
Essential Job Functions / Responsibilities
· Build and manage close relationships with the allocated B2B clients of the SG Digital business. The allocated clients will primarily be the top tier clients of SGD. The locations of the allocated clients will be across Canada.
· Manage multiple B2B clients in a professional and organized manner with regular client review meetings, backlogs of client requirements, up-to-date client documentation etc.
· Ensure clients are optimizing SGD offering through close collaboration and assistance.
· Deliver client revenues in line with company forecasts.
· Develop new business initiatives with existing clients to extend revenues.
· Establish trust and relationships with key client influencers and decision makers.
· Work with clients to compile data and insights to access SGD product performance compared to competitors
· Up-sell existing clients for new products and premium offerings, thus broadening our product footprint or “shelf-space” on their sites.
· Liaise with the SGD Product and Development Teams as well as other internal departments to effectively respond to clients’ inquiries and concerns, and communicate feedback on client requirements, preferences, and valued-adding features.
· Represent SGD and the Commercial Team within the wider Online Sports Betting and iGaming industry with authority, know-how, and professionalism at all times.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, or equivalent relevant experience
· A minimum of 5 years of experience as an account/commercial manager or director across any relevant online (digital) industry and sector
· Experience within online gaming and a passion for the industry preferred.
· Exposure to the B2C operator side of the digital sports betting and/or iGaming business preferred
· Experience supporting key accounts and a proven track record in growing an existing business portfolio, and achieving and exceeding established revenue targets
· A record of developing strong working relationships with executives, peers, and associates across multiple functions and lines of business
· Candidates with a strong network within the North American gaming industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to work independently and possess strong organizational and time management skills
· Proven competence in negotiating. A great deal of experience managing B2B clients and working under contractually agreed commercial terms
· Tech savvy, customer service oriented, professional, resourceful, patient and tactful in handling customer inquiries and negotiations
· Enthusiasm, leadership, and a strong work ethic necessary to succeed in a dynamic, fast-moving, and results-oriented environment
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Experience drafting proposals and presenting to clients is ideal
Scientific Games is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that Scientific Games conducts business. If you are requested by Scientific Games to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with Scientific Games may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. Scientific Games encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer