Senior Software Engineer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to lead a team of Software Engineers responsible for developing and delivering online games for our SGD Studios. This role is primarily responsible for collaborating with Game Designers, Mathematicians and front-end Software Engineers in the design, development and testing of the server component that handle game features and outcomes.
- Lead, Mentor and Manage a globally distributed team of Software Engineers
- Optimise and devise process and documentation to ensure the highest of standards exist and are maintained
- Design, develop and test SG Digital proprietary game servers using JAVA following standard design patterns
- Perform security and volume tests to validate game server integrity and compliance to mathematical specifications
- Ensure code quality by writing unit and integration tests
- Write and implement tools to support game design and development
- Write technical documentation
- Follow SG Digital technology standards and process for our game servers
- Work with project managers and team leads to ensure that all tasks are estimated accurately and completed correctly and on schedule
- Oversee the resolution of any issues and incidents related to our game servers within the specified SLA
- Encourage teams to contribute ideas to improve the overall game design and development process in terms of tools, processes, test cases etc
- Collaborates well in a distributed, cross-functional team environment, interacting with QA engineers, project managers, product owners, and other departments
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- 6+ plus years of experience in a Software Development Engineer role or similar
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Commercial experience with an object-oriented programming language, preferably in JAVA
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of software processes and development cycles
- Strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of mobile and web-based development is a plus
- Experience in the game industry would be highly regarded
- Experience using code versioning, development and deployment tools
- Experience with analysing and solving complex technical issues
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structure and algorithmic solutions
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!