Senior Software Engineer UI (React)
- Athens, Greece
Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
The Senior Software Engineer (UI) role will be a key one for the SG Digital Portal Consolidation Project. Reporting to the Development Manager, the UI Senior Software Engineer will be working alongside other Software Engineers, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, QA, Software Architects and Operational Excellence in order to shape and implement the technology and product deliverables that will drive forward this strategic initiative.
These are just some of the tasks you may work on:
- Work as part of a self-organising SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale betting websites;
- Ensuring that UI features and functionality adhere to the agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines;
- Mentorship of less experienced Software Engineers;
- Work with Product Owners and designers to create a great UX to the platform end-users;
- Proactively identify and address areas of material improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity;
- Supporting the Development Manager, Tech Leads and Head of Operational Excellence to ensure continuous quality improvement in the development teams;
- Ability to act as a tech lead for a scrum team, working along the Scrum Master and the Product Owner to define features and oversee their development.
What would make you the Senior UI Engineer we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems from a well-regarded university;
- At least 6 years of experience developing commercial web applications;
- Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups;
- Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small sub-team or deputizing in a management role.
- Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience understanding of:
- Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates using internet data protocols and services (RESTful/JSON, SOAP, WS-*, HTTP).
- Excellent knowledge of web security practices and high-performance design;
- Excellent knowledge of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles;
- Very good understanding of SEO principles;
- Very good knowledge of web analytics;
- Good understanding of the use of Git (Stash), Docker, Ansible, Jenkins and CI/CD frameworks.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop.
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design.
- Familiarity with Drupal 8 or any other common internet PHP based CMS.
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with TDD and / or BDD.
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on major eCommerce or any significant widely distributed system is.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace;
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow;
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects, and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.