- Athens, Greece
Scientific Games Digital leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
SG Digital is looking for a Release Manager that will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and management of releases across SG Digital for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects, and Programs.
Where necessary, you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Typically a Release Manager needs to interface and communicate with Test Managers, Dev Managers, IT Ops, and off-course the PMO on a daily basis.
What you will be involved with as a Release Manager at SG Digital:
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes;
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations;
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities;
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process;
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Engage with compliance to ensure adherence to jurisdiction-specific regulatory processes;
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current configuration management needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience; solid understanding of project management principles is preferred;
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development;
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion;
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills;
- Equally, a Release Manager must be confident enough to manage up and provide reporting as well as meeting updates to the Senior IT Management as well as business management.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience of Agile and SAFe methodology.
- Formal training in project management practices.
We bring you a little bit of
A performance focused culture right across the business. But that's just the foundation! We also believe in a work hard, play hard environment, where we embrace people who are tuned in to the sound of creativity and innovation. As a truly international company, we can offer you the diversity and the opportunities of the world. Mix this with a people-friendly culture and we got a pretty good offer to give.
So don't just come and work for us, spend your time with us!