- Athens, Greece
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp.) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Portal team. The DevOps team works alongside our core development teams that are aggressively adopting new technologies and architectural principles, as well as approaches to delivery, deployment, scalability and monitoring. The successful candidate is expected to be a strong technologist, with both software engineering and technical operations backgrounds.
The team structure continues to evolve, so a "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
- Focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on non-functional requirements (resilience, stability, scalability, security etc.)
- Help ensure that test environments managed by DevOps are effectively managed.
- Help ensure all underlying technologies (open source software, commercial software, frameworks etc.) used across teams have a clear version deprecation and upgrade path
- Create accurate documentation for use by the Development, QA, Technical Operations, Product, Support, and Customer teams
- Work on ongoing R&D effort into tools, processes, and people to further enhance DevOps capabilities
- Help manage consistent application of the DevOps methodologies amongst the development team
- Help ensure security considerations are robustly incorporated into deliverables from day one
- Participate in defining and prioritising a backlog of work for the team.
- Participate in a support rotation, including out of hours.
- Ensure the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested.
- Ensure the right level of visibility on environment health by exposing the required metrics.
- Reporting to the Portal Development Manager, but with a dotted line to the Head of DevOps for Platform Delivery to ensure alignment with larger corporate DevOps objectives.
Knowledge & Experience
- Commercial hands-on software development or infrastructure architecture, implementation and ongoing systems administration experience in a previous role.
- Sound experience in identifying, implementing and maintaining IT solutions / systems in heavily regulated markets / industries.
- Proven accountability for delivering technical components of both major IT or commercial projects and ongoing “BAU” programmes.
- Ability to work as part of a small team that is part of a larger product division.
- Proven communication and presentation skills.
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to articulate on processes and tools utilized to ensure quality, stability, performance, scalability, deployment, security, maintenance and documentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the latest trends in DevOps methodologies, processes and tools, as well as emerging solutions and the ability to apply them when appropriate.
Technical skills of relevance:
- Hands-on experience in all facets of systems administration and infrastructure architecture, with particular focus on Linux and open source technologies.
- Knowledge of industry leading public IaaS solutions (AWS and/or Google Compute).
- Knowledge of both relational databases and various NoSQL based data storage solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Python, preferably the Django framework, HAProxy and Nginx
- Demonstrable experience with agile methodologies and tools for development and operations.
- Well versed and experienced with open source tools commonly used to build continuous integration / delivery solutions, such as Git, Ansible, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins and Sonar.
- Experienced with open source solutions for configuration management, elastic scaling, service discovery, and cloud management.
- Practical knowledge of the Docker container platform.
- Hands on knowledge of private cloud solutions.
- Hands on knowledge with different containers and orchestration platforms
- Experience with creating solutions to ensure ALL deployed environments are the same.
- Understanding of open source solutions that enable the implementation of highly distributed, scalable, durable, and performant platforms such as Akka, Kafka, Scala and Cassandra.
- Some experience in working in an environment using SoA or Domain Driven Design
Domain knowledge is not required, but having worked on a Sportsbook, Casino or eCommerce projects would be preferable.
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce products whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.