Senior DevOps Engineer
- London, UK
SG Digital (part of Scientific Games Corp. NASDAQ:SGMS) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators and online gaming providers.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. Having recently become the Digital, online Division of the $4bn Scientific Games, we are now in a period of dramatic growth that will see us grow headcount by 30% this year alone.
Want to be part of our story?
We are a group of distributed multidisciplinary engineers, passionate about casino gaming, focused on a few highly scalable distributed platforms on a hybrid technology stack running in public and private clouds.
The teams are small and move fast -- all members are expected to be able to achieve maximum results with minimal direction.
The DevOps Engineer role will be key to the SG Digital New Product Development (NPD) team. Working alongside others within the central DevOps team and across the New Product Development team you will deliver the changes to our software delivery processes needed that will drive forward this strategic initiative. The NPD team is aggressively adopting new technologies and architectural principles, as well as approaches to delivery, deployment, scalability and monitoring. The successful candidate is expected to be a strong technologist, with both software engineering and technical operations backgrounds.
The NPD team structure continues to evolve, so a "can do" attitude and out-of-the-box thinking will be prerequisites!
- Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on NFRs (resilience, stability, scalability, security etc.)
- Help ensure that NPD test environments managed by DevOps are effectively managed.
- Help implement a CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development lifecycle as well as the continual evolution of cross functional collaboration, associated best practices, and standards
- Help ensure all underlying technologies (open source software, commercial software, frameworks etc.) used across NPD teams have a clear version deprecation and upgrade path
- Create accurate documentation for use by the Development, QA, Technical Operations, Product, Support, and Customer teams
- Work on ongoing R&D effort into tools, processes, and people to further enhance DevOps capabilities
- Help manage consistent application of the DevOps methodologies amongst the NPD team
- Help ensure security considerations are robustly incorporated into NPD deliverables from day one
- Participate in defining and prioritising a backlog of work for the team.
- Participate in a support rota
- Ensure the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested.
- Ensure the right level of visibility on environment health by exposing the required metrics.
- Hands-on experience in all facets of automation and systems architecture, with particular focus on Linux and open source technologies
- Commercial hands-on software development or systems architecture, implementation and ongoing automation experience in a previous role
- Experience with automation and the development processes in general.
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tooling at scale, preferably Ansible
- Experience with Python or more general purpose programming language (e.g. Ruby, Go, C, C++)
- Experience with metrics collection platforms, Prometheus or similar
- Understanding of open source solutions that enable the implementation of highly distributed, scalable, durable, and performant platforms such as Akka, Kafka, Scala and Cassandra
- Knowledge of both relational databases and various NoSQL based data storage solutions
- Demonstrable experience with agile methodologies and tools for development and operations
- Well versed and experienced with open source tools commonly used to build continuous integration / delivery solutions, such as Git, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins and Sonar
- Practical knowledge of the Docker container platform
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.