Software Engineer (Java)
- London, UK
SG Digital, a leader in online gaming, sports and iLottery, is the digital division of Scientific Games, offering an unparalleled suite of engaging game content and product solutions. SG Digital employs more than 1,500 individuals across the globe ensuring 24-hour customer service. Driven by the creative talent of nine-game studios, highly skilled development centers across the globe, expanding product technology and our proven robust sportsbook platform; SG Digital offers customers market-leading products and services tailored for their players.
Focused on speed to market execution combined with our technical expertise, SG Digital ensures our customers capitalize on all regulated market opportunities.
Want to be part of our story?
SG Digital are looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook products process over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
As a Software Engineer with the SG Digital team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
- Work as part of a self-organising SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for high volume, large scale betting websites
- Practice Test-driven development to produce robust, clear, polished, code to a high standard of quality
- Design solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable
- Work with customers to extract requirements using BDD
If you’re the right Software Engineer for us you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrable coding talent in at least one major language Java
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Database design experience (any vendor)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
It’d also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
- Web development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.