Data Engineer (Term-Limited through June 30, 2021)
- Downtown Seattle, Seattle, WA, United States
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is a family of employee benefit plans negotiated and sponsored by SEIU 775, the labor union for long-term care workers in Washington State & Montana. We are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 10,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, together with its union and employer partners, are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Reporting to the Enterprise Data Solutions Manager, the Data Engineer will help solve a variety of technical database challenges and work directly with the Business Analytics and Technology Solutions teams to support the development and maintenance of the organization’s data platform and reporting infrastructure. If you want to make a difference in the lives of home care workers and the seniors and people with disabilities they support, we want to hear from you!
Location: Downtown Seattle (remote is not available for this role)
Work Schedule: Our typical business hours are 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday
Travel Requirements: None
Category: Full-Time, Exempt, Union
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods of the day
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems;
- Support the construction of the Data Warehouse - including the design of Data Marts;
- Work with business users and analysts to gather business requirements and convert those requirements into high level and low-level designs;
- Define views and data marts, based upon business requirements;
- Improve query performance and tuning of existing data marts;
- Develop and maintain a front-end application to allow access to back end tables and data;
- API Gateway articulation for data exchanges internally and externally.
- Monitor production jobs, maintain, and enhance legacy ETL processes on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain automation of manual data extractions;
- Support ETL development and maintenance;
- Develop and update process and system documentation;
- Work closely with the project team including Business Analysts, Architect and Data Developer’s, Project Managers & QA to deliver data capabilities.
- Attend design meetings and recommend security and data improvements – and will be empowered to work on those prioritized changes.
- Be open to learning new technologies and new problem domains;.
- Participate in code reviews and documentation reviews;
- Be a contributing member of a cross-functional team in charge of delivering new features and capabilities on an iterative basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of professional experience as an ETL developer in an Enterprise Data Warehousing environment.
- 3+ years’ Experience with connecting to and posting to API’s for data ingestion and publishing of data sets, including SOAP & REST and related transport technologies (XML/JSON);
- Experience in all aspects of data warehousing solutions (Database issues, Data modeling, Data mapping, ETL Development, Metadata Management, Data Cleansing, Data Profiling and Data Migration)
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures - including the concepts, designs, and usage of data warehouses and data marts;
- Experience designing and customizing data models for data warehouses, supporting data from multiple sources in real time;
- Experience with Operational Data Stores and Data Governance Routines (Plus).
- Experience with De-Identification or Encrypting the Sensitive Data.
- Experience in normalizing and de-normalizing tables and maintaining referential integrity by using triggers and primary and foreign keys;
- Experience building data solutions on Amazon Web Services, (such as S3, RDS, Redshift and Aurora), or on Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud;
- Experience with connecting to and posting to API’s for data ingestion and publishing of data sets, including SOAP & REST and related transport technologies (XML/JSON);
- Experience with other object-oriented development tools such as C#/.Net ,Java, Python;
- Critical Thinking – Thorough understanding of TSQL standards/techniques and knowing when to implement them to overcome an issue;
- Experience with Salesforce integration is a plus;
- Experience working in an Agile/Kanban environment;
- The ability to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and interact with all levels of business and IT organizations;
- A team-oriented mindset, ability to manage multiple priorities, follow a project plan, and meet project delivery dates;
- Strong organizational ability with excellent decision making, analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills;
- Judgment and Decision Making — Ability to deal with ambiguity and change;
- Time Management – Highly self-motivated and delivery focused;
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.