Business Development Manager
- 6221 South Racine Circle, Englewood, CO, United States
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
The Business Development (BD) Manager is responsible for leading campaigns and managing customer relationships to grow the business. The ideal candidate will have an establish history of success in in the space community with the desire to join a fast-paced entrepreneurial team. SEAKR is expanding its core competencies to include space mission primes and payload primes. This pivot from primarily a subsystem provider to a mission prime provider has opened the door for many exciting opportunities. In this role, your knowledge of the industry, intimacy with customers, and a desire to create something new will be the hallmarks of your success.
SEAKR empowers its employees to be successful. As a member of the BD team, you will be able to take ideas things that you’re passionate about and drive to close. Many of SEAKR’s greatest successes have been the results of empowered passionate leaders. You will be collaborating with all the company stakeholders as you lead teams on your campaigns. You will be responsible for the identification of new business opportunities to fill the funnel. Your knowledge of the industry and customers will be critical for helping shape SEAKR’s product offerings and IRAD investments. You will have an active role in proposals to ensure we deliver high quality proposals that are meeting the customers most critical needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in sales, negotiations, finance and growth, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full-time exempt position, that will be “the face of the company” in Processing Systems, in which the work is performed under limited supervision by executive management and is evaluated on results obtained.
- Collaborate with executives to develop, articulate, and execute a business development strategy with short, mid, and long-term goals, by providing input from industry, market, and competitive analysis, customer needs assessments, customer feedback, product definition feedback, and future mission requirements.
- Establish and nurture relationships with customers to understand their current and future needs and promote alignment of our current and future capabilities to meet these needs.
- Formulate capture strategies and provide leadership in support of the capture teams. Lead or provide support to the capture team in defining technical, strategic, and business insight for RFI, ROM, white paper, and proposal responses.
- Coordinate with executives to define and execute business development strategies to grow product segment market share and profitability, through market opportunity evaluation and segmentation, value proposition development, product positioning, pricing strategy, and communications strategy development.
- Contribute to and inform marketing execution for Processing Systems, which includes product & marketing literature, trade show presence, trade journals articles, white papers, press releases, presentations, and datasheets.
- The ideal candidate will also be proficient in Capture Management including contributing to technical volumes, developing program schedules, contributing to cost volumes, and pricing.
- Must be available to travel for business 20% - 50% of the time.
- The candidate will either have Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with polygraph clearance or be capable of obtaining one.
Education or Formal Training
- The ideal candidate will have a technical background and an Engineering Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ideal experience is 7+ years of technical business development, with some proven experience in the Aerospace/Space markets
- Must have sales campaign experience in space electronics, payload primes, or mission primes.
- Must be capable of creating and presenting high-quality presentations for effective communication of architecture concepts, trade studies, design information and complex analysis to customers.
- B.S. in engineering or other technical majors / technical background
- 7+ years’ experience in technical-related roles and/or business development
- Prefer active Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance, must have ability to obtain clearance.
Compensation: Base pay range is $110,000-150,000 depending on qualifications. SEAKR offers an attractive benefits package, which includes eligibility for a year-end bonus.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required