Electrical Engineer II/III, Hardware Integration and Test
- 6221 South Racine Circle, Englewood, CO, United States
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
As part of the Recurring Product Engineering group you will work with a project team as the responsible engineer for build-to-print unit test. You will be the subject matter expert for a project(s) and responsible to perform as or provide oversight of test conductor activities. You will implement continuation engineering changes as needed. This is primarily a test and debug role, utilizing knowledge of a design with standard lab equipment to troubleshoot issues that occur during test to ensure quality final product. If you like hands-on hardware test in a lab environment, this position is a perfect fit.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Execute the engineering activities required to successfully produce, test and deliver spacecraft electronics to SEAKR customers.
- The successful candidate shall have a fundamental knowledge of and experience producing and testing electronics, especially digital circuits, processors, FPGAs and power supplies.
- Read and understand digital and analog schematics.
- Review and clarify production travelers and test procedures.
- Test and troubleshoot complex electronics systems from the component level to the system functionality level.
- Read and edit software test scripts.
- Analyze production metrics and lead efforts to increase production yield or clarify test flows
- Clear written and verbal communication skills are necessary to be successful.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to solve basic lab debug problems with the use of lab tools such as bench supplies, scopes and logic analyzers.
- Some module design experience is highly desirable including documentation of functional descriptions, review of schematics, creation and review of assembly instructions, documentation of test plans and test results.
- Familiarity with schematic tools, BOM or ERP management tools, work order and assembly traveler management tools, data analysis in spreadsheets, and extraction and documentation of test data from lab test equipment.
- Experience with implementing engineering changes to schematics, BOMs and other documentation is a plus.
- Experience with assembly and test of spacecraft hardware and electronics is highly desirable, but not required.
- Proficiency with C++ and a scripting language such as Lua or Python desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with Quality Control methods, configuration management methods and root cause analysis is required.
- A Bachelor's Science Electrical Engineer and a minimum of 4 years of experience is required, or equivalent.
Compensation: Base salary range is $80,000- $120,000, depending on qualifications. SEAKR offers an attractive benefits package, which includes eligibility for a year-end bonus.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required