Senior Accountant - Revenue
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking a strong skilled Senior Accountant who will work independently and under the direction of the Assistant Controller. Must know generally accepted accounting principles and how to apply them, with emphasis on ASC 606. The candidate must have the ability to reconcile all balance sheet and income statement accounts. The candidate must have good organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and maintain productive working relationships. The candidate will identify potential process improvements and propose solutions. The ability to think critically, analyze problems, and propose solutions is required.
- Reviewing contracts and determining appropriate revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Complete monthly revenue recognition, unbilled AR, and deferred revenue calculations
- Complete various month-end reconciliations
- Review employee expense reports
- Research account variances and propose adjustments
- Research and resolve complex accounting and compliance questions
- Support year-end financial statement audit
- Identify and help implement process improvements
- Function as a back-up for payroll processing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with at least 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
- Knowledgeable in applying GAAP, including revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting; ability to reconcile all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Ability to think critically, analyze a problem, and propose solutions is required.
- The candidate must have good organization skills and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details are required. Hands-on experience with ERP computer systems is desired.
- Experience and skills in government contract accounting, revenue recognition under ASC 606, manufacturing accounting, job costing, and sales tax compliance are highly desired.
- Takes ownership for all work activities and personal actions. Prioritizes tasks and effectively uses time to complete assignments on-time or ahead of schedule.
- Takes initiative to understand job duties and responsibilities, and produces results that meet or exceed organizational standards.
- Contributes to effective team processes and deliverables (e.g. team communication, team meetings, etc.).
- Cares about their work and the performance of the company. Takes initiative to develop job knowledge and technical skills, and improve quality or processes.
- Compensation: Base salary range is $75,000 to $100,000 depending on qualifications.
- Potential for remote hybrid work schedule
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- Location: Colorado; relocation available.