Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Networking
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking an Embedded Software Engineer with a desire to work on leading edge space-based avionics embedded software. This position has a specific emphasis on the Linux operating system and the networking components within the OS.
The position will include hands on development and verification of boot, kernel, and BSP code, and working in a lab environment to perform initial bring up of SBCs and verification of code functionality. The Software Engineer will also be responsible for designing and implementing data flows through the embedded hardware using various networking protocols and routing schemes.
Knowledge of embedded systems, kernel, and driver related firmware development is required for this position. In addition, a basic understanding of networking protocols, layers, and constructs is desired including some knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Routing and service features and capabilities in Linux Networking, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, and other technologies in for embedded systems
- OSI 7 Layer Model
- L2 / L3 switching
- Experience with Hardware-based network acceleration implementations
- Contribute to integration with enabling technologies including third party software, virtual and distributed SDN and NFV environments, and hardware capabilities
- Trouble shoot and fix reported issues with Linux networking stack, routing protocol and services; identify root cause, diagnose, debug and deliver robust timely fixes
- Continuous learning and development of skills in system and network virtualization (Containers, SDN, NFV), Linux Networking, advanced routing: BPG, IS-IS, LDP, fast switchover technologies, Segment Routing, EVPN, Ethernet services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related discipline
- Strong C or C++ programming skills with strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Solid understanding of Linux networking and operating systems concepts
- Networking understanding as described above
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- Follow SEAKR SEPs and SEWIs as documented in SEAKRs quality system.
- Follow SEAKR rules and regulations as documented in the SEAKR Employee Handbook and applicable operating procedures.
- Participates in or prepares a variety of special projects at the direction of the management of the company.
- Read professional journals and updates and attends seminars to keep aware of trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Salary $110,000 - $150,000
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado