Component Engineering Manager
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
SEAKR is looking for a motivated, energetic Component Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers and engineering specialists that support the selection, application, and test of components for state-of-the-art spacecraft electronics. The Component Engineering Manager reports to the VP of Product Assurance. Job responsibilities include:
- Providing technical support to programs and staff members in selecting electrical, electronic and electromechanical (EEE) components for space flight applications
- Performing general line manager duties for a team of approximately 12 component engineers and engineering support specialists
- Performing annual performance appraisals and quarterly check-ins for all direct reports in the department
- Managing workloads, staffing assignments, and resource conflicts for component engineering staff (generally assigned to cross-functional program teams or assigned as commodity specialists)
- Providing technical guidance and oversight to direct reports and program teams to resolve challenging component related problems
- Implementing and managing Component Engineering processes that align with continual improvement initiatives of the company
- Ensuring all department personnel are properly trained to perform their assigned duties
- Coordinating with Program Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Supplier Quality with the overall goal to successfully design, produce, test, and deliver spacecraft electronics to SEAKR customers
- Communicating clearly & effectively with management, suppliers & internal/external customers
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar major) is required
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Component Engineering processes and component requirements for space applications including component screening & qualification requirements, Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) processes, component failure analysis techniques, and development of Non-Standard Part Approval Requests (NSPAR)
- Minimum 2 years of Component Engineering experience (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years of Engineering Management experience (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with Material/Enterprise Resource Planning (MRP/ERP) systems
- Experience/knowledge with regard to the design, materials, construction, and testing of EEE components that meet military and space standards
- Familiarity with component reliability, quality control, root cause analysis, supply chain management, and configuration management methods
Compensation: Base salary range is $115,000- $150,000, depending on qualifications. SEAKR offers an attractive benefits package, which includes eligibility for a year-end bonus.
SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
US Citizenship Required