Senior Software Engineer - Linux Networking
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
- Learn and develop advanced routing and service features and capabilities in Linux Networking, BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, and other technologies in for embedded avionics units for space applications
- Contribute toward implementation in software design, development, validation, and documentation to deliver high quality, functionally excellent products
- Contribute to integration with enabling technologies including third party software, virtual and distributed SDN and NFV environments, and hardware capabilities
- Trouble shoot and fix reported issues with Linux networking stack, routing protocol and services; identify root cause, diagnose, debug and deliver robust timely fixes
- Continuous learning and development of skills in system and network virtualization (Containers, SDN, NFV), Linux Networking, advanced routing: BPG, IS-IS, LDP, fast switchover technologies, Segment Routing, EVPN, Ethernet services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related discipline
- Strong C programming skills with strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
- Solid understanding of Linux networking and operating systems concepts
- Solid knowledge of IP networking stack in Linux or similar embedded operating systems Experience at all levels of the OSI 7 Layer Model, including IP Routing Protocols (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP), a good understanding of IP packet forwarding and L2/L3 switching
- Desirable to have experience with various hardware off-load engines
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- Follow SEAKR SEPs and SEWIs as documented in SEAKRs quality system.
- Follow SEAKR rules and regulations as documented in the SEAKR Employee Handbook and applicable operating procedures.
- Participates in or prepares a variety of special projects at the direction of the management of the company.
- Read professional journals and updates and attends seminars to keep aware of trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Salary $120,000 - $150,000
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado