Senior Thermal Engineer
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking a Senior Thermal Engineer with proven experience in design and implementation of thermal management solutions for aerospace electronics.
The candidate will work closely with the Mechanical Engineering staff to develop, test, and implement the thermal solutions needed for aerospace electronics. The thermal engineer will recommend strategies and solutions to thermal management, including evaluating junction temperatures, solving solder joint fatigue issues, as well as helping develop and test novel thermal solutions for electronics in rugged environments.
- Assist in the development of thermal solutions for aerospace electronics.
- Understanding of thermal control solutions utilizing conduction, two-phase, or thermal storage devices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of single and two phase heat transport systems to aerospace electronics.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and assess complex inputs from multiple disciplines including Mechanical, RF, Electrical, Radiation, Materials, Manufacturing and Test.
- Applicant should have a strong working knowledge of MIL-STD-1540 and SMC-S-016.
- Experience with numerical methods, heat transfer and two phase thermophysics.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with customers to ensure all requirements are being satisfied
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills for interfacing with multiple customers and senior management.
- Understanding of environmental test practices for development of test procedures and processes as well as data correlation
- Experience with Ansys, Solidworks Simulation, Labview, and Weibull ++ are desired.
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado
- Compensation: Base salary range is $85,000- $140,000, depending on qualifications.
- SEAKR offers an attractive benefits package including eligibility for a year end bonus.