RF Systems Engineer - Satellite Payloads
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking a talented and highly motivated RF Systems Engineer that will contribute to the development of RF and Digital payloads for space applications.
- This candidate will be an architect for RF payload system concepts including and integrating RF/Digital Processors with typical satellite RF chain elements (including but not limited to) oscillators, frequency converters, filters, power amplifiers and antennas
- Will have experience working with RF/Digital processors and software defined radios
- Will have experience with full RF system level link budget analysis
- Will have experience with satellite communication including knowledge of RF technology and DSP waveforms
- Will manage requirements for proposals and through the program life cycle including delegating system level specifications down to the module level
- Will bring new and creative solutions to the table
- Interfaces with subject matter experts and providers of various subsystem products and technologies
· Interfaces with the RF Design team to understand various RF processing architectures and assess for compliance
· Supports hands-on efforts in the lab from prototype through flight
- Identifies system behaviors and Con-Ops, required for emulation of unit interfaces
- Support Flight and/or Engineering Model system integration and checkout prior to formal test
- Technical coordination of subcontractor
- Experience with RF Systems for space is a must
- Experience in development and delivery of space RF/digital processing systems and RF payloads, including analysis and test
- Understanding of RF communications terminology and concepts needed to design a RF system from the antenna to the digital payload and back
- Experience in analog to digital and digital to analog conversion
- Experience with RF analysis using tools including (but not limited to) AWR Microwave Office, AWR VSS, HFSS and Matlab
- Experience with high speed clocking solutions for RF components
- Understanding of DSP and modulation concepts
- Design experience of satellite RF communication system components is a plus
- Experience with high profile briefings to internal executives and customers
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams (hardware/software) to produce advanced RF payloads and/or digital systems.
- Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR).
- Experience with proposal development, technical and cost submissions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers
- Hands-on hardware experience with flight hardware
- Knowledge of RF test and measurement
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado; relocation available.