Senior Engineer, Hardware Integration and Test
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
As part of the Recurring Product Engineering group you will lead a project team as the technical lead for build-to-print module and unit test. You will be the subject matter expert for a project(s) and responsible to perform as or provide oversight of test conductor activities. You will coordinate and assist with the implementation of continuation engineering changes as needed. This is primarily a test and debug role, utilizing knowledge of a design with standard lab equipment to troubleshoot issues that occur during test to ensure quality final product. If you like hands-on hardware test in a lab environment, this position is a perfect fit.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Execute the engineering activities required to successfully produce, test and deliver recurring spacecraft electronics to SEAKR customers.
- Ability to lead an engineering team through the integration, test, and qualification process of spacecraft electronics.
- The successful candidate shall have a fundamental knowledge of and experience producing and testing electronics, especially digital circuits, processors, FPGAs and power supplies.
- Read and understand digital and analog schematics.
- Review and clarify production travelers and test procedures.
- Test and troubleshoot complex electronics systems from the component level to the system functionality level.
- Read and edit software test scripts.
- Analyze production metrics and lead efforts to increase production yield or clarify test flows
- Clear written and verbal communication skills are necessary to be successful.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to solve basic lab debug problems with the use of lab tools such as bench supplies, scopes and logic analyzers.
- Some module design experience is highly desirable including documentation of functional descriptions, review of schematics, creation and review of assembly instructions, documentation of test plans and test results.
- Familiarity with schematic tools, BOM or ERP management tools, work order and assembly traveler management tools, data analysis in spreadsheets, and extraction and documentation of test data from lab test equipment.
- Experience with implementing engineering changes to schematics, BOMs and other documentation is a plus.
- Experience with assembly and test of spacecraft hardware and electronics is highly desirable, but not required.
- Familiarity with Quality Control methods, configuration management methods, electronics theory, and root cause analysis is required.
- A BSEE and a minimum of 10 years of experience is required.
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado