Vice President, Operations
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
The Vice President of Operations manages, directs, and implements operations initiatives to achieve the company’s immediate and long-term business objectives, with a focus on company profit. The position reports to the COO, works closely with all functional areas of the company, and interfaces with aerospace prime customers.
The VPO oversees the following groups and regularly applies content knowledge of the products and services from all areas.
- Supply Chain comprises 24 employees who procure and manage $90M annually and includes the functions of product demand management, material planning, procurement and subcontracting, and inventory management.
- Manufacturing comprises 32 employees and includes planning, engineering, and assembly technicians who typically build 100 highly custom and complex electronic assemblies every month.
- Production Test comprises 15 employees including engineers and technicians who plan and conduct environmental testing of space assemblies in a 24/7 operation.
- Information Systems comprises 14 employees who implement and support company wide network and system administration, desk top support, and security operations.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division toward an overall goal of profitability
- Participates on executive leadership team to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on company-wide initiatives
- Develops and maintains a deep level of organizational knowledge and understanding of how SEAKR operates. Knows the processes of all groups to help with overall integration of company-wide operations. Collaborates with other departments to carry out the organization’s goals, objectives, and problem-solving
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department
- Leads the operations management team to meet customer and company requirements and quality objectives. Guides the management team toward:
- Planning and hiring staff to ensure proper resources are available to meet program and company needs
- Developing and training employees to ensure competence, a solid understanding of all requirements for each position, and continued growth
- Implementing measurement systems to monitor activities and highlight any concerns such as mistakes, inefficiencies, delays, or cost overruns
- Coordinating corrective actions with other managers and deploying as applicable
- Developing and maintaining accurate annual operating and capital budgets
- Continually supports achievement of customers’ expectations for quality, delivery, and cost competitiveness
- Leads a continuous improvement mindset in operational improvements, cost-effectiveness, and innovations at all levels
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience leading operations functions in an engineering/manufacturing company
- Knowledge of aerospace business and operations preferred
- Ability to effectively analyze situations and recommend improvements
- Ability to lead a group of people toward successful operational changes
- Ability to participate in executive management
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish good rapport with members of management and other employees
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Education and Formal Training (minimum level)
- Bachelors degree in an Engineering or Business discipline
- 15+ years of operations-related management in an engineering company, ideally in aerospace or comparable industry
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado; relocation available.