Senior Manager of Power and Analog Engineering
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
The Power & Analog Engineering Senior Manager/Manager manages and leads the Power & Analog group and can be asked to contribute to project design teams and proposal efforts as well. The Senior Manager/Manager is responsible for the development of power and analog electronics design strategies, including recommending technical solutions and direction, assisting in program design reviews, assisting in laboratory debug and engineering drawing reviews. The Senior Manager/Manager is involved in initial program staff resource assignments to guide the technical performance for each of SEAKR’s programs. Staff resource management includes annual performance appraisals for the Engineering organization’s Power & Analog Engineering group. This is a full-time exempt position in which the work is performed under limited supervision by the Director of Hardware Engineering and is evaluated on results obtained.
· Provide technical oversight, mentoring, and direction on SEAKR development programs with respect to Power and Analog design.
· Develop and implement SEAKR Power and Analog electronics design strategies.
· Estimate and verify power design and analysis efforts for proposals and ROMs when asked.
· People management tasks including performance appraisal, hiring, firing, disciplinary actions, new employee orientation, position descriptions and timecard authorization.
· Support Power & Analog staffing analysis including staffing profile projections, forecasting strategic hiring, planning of ongoing programs and planning for future program awards.
· Implement functional standards and Power & Analog engineering processes.
· Plan and organize training for the Power & Analog group.
· Mentor all employees in the Power & Analog group on design process, design tools and available resources.
· Maintain design tools and licenses specific to the Power & Analog group. Evaluate or coordinate the evaluation of design tools.
· Communicate and document programmatic issues, tool updates, tool deficiencies, design tips, design deficiencies, lessons learned and enable group communication for all Power & Analog designers at SEAKR.
· Oversee and review the work of the Power & Analog group.
· Review and evaluate performance, recommending salary increases and/or disciplinary action for direct reports.
· Responsible for ensuring all department personnel are properly trained to perform their assigned duties
Education or Formal Training
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required.
· At least 10 years of experience in power or analog design is required
· At least 1 year of experience leading a technical team is preferred.
U.S. Citizenship required. Location: Colorado. SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. SEAKR is an EOE.