- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
If your goal is to work for a mid-sized, family owned, business with a casual culture where employees are able to learn, grow, and expand their roles, SEAKR Engineering is the place for you. SEAKR is the leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space. Our products are on the International Space Station, interplanetary missions, satellite constellations that explore Earth's atmosphere, and technology that protects our citizens and service-members stationed at home and abroad, just to name a few examples.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for planning and tracking the flow of production orders as compared to schedule objectives. Responsibilities include coordination with Master Planner, communication of plans and status to all applicable department Managers, and actively tracking and facilitating physical production progress.
This is a full-time exempt position in which the work is performed under limited supervision by the Manufacturing Manager, and is evaluated on results obtained.
o Understand electronic manufacturing build process and product routing to be able to facilitate accurate shop order status.
o Create and maintain promise and predicted dates based on current capacity.
o Evaluate and maintain schedule information for all Shop Orders (SOs) in IFS.
o Facilitate the flow of production based on defined FIFO/Lean processes in close coordination with the Master Planner
o Coordinate with department Managers to ensure FIFO queuing is accurate and maintained daily.
o Communicate schedule plans for near-term priority builds to all department Managers. Ensure they understand preparation requirements. Follow up to ensure readiness and completion.
o Communicate queue backlogs/bottlenecks to department Managers to facilitate staffing adjustments as necessary.
o Monitor material shortages and work with Product Planner and Property Administrator to get them into manufacturing.
o Actively monitor actual product progress to ensure accuracy of SO schedules.
o Maintain close communication with the Master Planner to understand priorities.
o Analyze and control the implementation of engineering design changes into the production flow
o Ensure timely completion of operations for Future Parks related to change orders.
o Coordinate internal weekly program management team status meetings as required to support the production flow
o Directly work with TEBA (Test Equipment Build Area) personal to help facilitate movement of SOs. Coordinate between Master Planner and TEBA to determine appropriate volume of work each week.
o Other duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of production scheduling in a low volume/high mix,, fast paced and high tech production environment.
· Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database (ERP) software.
· Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
· Knowledge of a variety of software systems including Word, E-mail, Excel and their appropriateness to SEAKR’s operations.
· Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish good rapport with members of management and other employees.
· Ability to independently review data and execute updates to schedules.
· Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Ability to work on more than one task at a time.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to proofread a variety of documents and to pay attention to detail.
· Ability to understand electronics manufacturing and the detailed steps it takes to manufacture electronics.
· Knowledge of space flight hardware including the soldering requirements and quality requirements that is necessary to build space grade hardware.
Education or Formal Training
· BS in Operations Management, Business, Supply Chain or related field
· 2-5 years of experience in similar production environment.
U.S. Citizenship required. Location: Colorado. SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. SEAKR is an EOE.