Materials & Process Engineer
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
SEAKR Engineering is seeking a Materials & Processes Engineer (M&P) who has experience in a high-reliability manufacturing environment (medical, aerospace, aviation, etc.). M&P is responsible for supporting opportunities for manufacturing process improvements, qualifying and implementing new material or processes, and evaluating and documenting materials and processes against program-specific requirements.
In this position you will…
- Support manufacturing and quality engineering in RCCA investigations for production and/or material quality issues on the manufacturing floor
- Design, manage, and drive progress on new material or process qualification efforts, which may include the physical construction of simple test vehicles or qualification samples for evaluation
- Work with Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering teams to design, develop, and order tooling or fixturing needed to successfully implement qualification tests
- Review critical manufacturing operations, such as vapor phase reflow, PnP, AOI, Lead Forming, Aqueous Washing, and Conformal Coating, for opportunities for LEAN initiatives and/or process improvements
- Generate internal and external reports regarding material and process use, including contractually required documents such as Material Identification and Usage List (MIUL), Non-Standard Material Application Request (NSMAR), etc.
- Coordinate with external suppliers to define testing methodology and reporting requirements for analytical testing needed in support of manufacturing RCCA investigations and qualification efforts
- Review drawings and specifications for suitable callout of materials and processes
- Generate material and process specifications and supporting documentation, such as DOEs, Test Plans, Test Reports, Training Guides, and Engineering Work Instructions
- Communicate effectively across departments, involving Quality, Component, Mechanical, Design, and Manufacturing engineers and program management to support new material or process implementations
- Manage requirements for multiple programs simultaneously
- Have the confidence and ability to make engineering and risk-based decisions in accordance with program requirements and schedules
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, with the ability to seek out tasks and opportunities for improvement. The candidate should have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the minimum required qualifications:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably aviation, aerospace, or medical
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of Engineering (Chemical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Metallurgy, or equivalent)
- Advanced degrees may be considered in lieu of experience (2+ yrs experience with PhD, 3+ yrs experience with Master’s degree)
- Knowledge of Material and/or Part level manufacturing and testing processes
- Ability to interpret specifications and requirements and apply them to a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines which may include overtime and weekends
Preferred Skills & Experience Include:
The following skills and experience are preferred, but not required. Candidates not meeting all of the below are still encouraged to apply.
- Familiarity with applicable Industry, NASA and Military Standards and Specifications
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP, IFS, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
- Knowledge of Material and/or Part level Failure and Mechanical Analysis techniques
- Experience with X-Ray, XRF, AOI, PnP, Reflow, Selective Solder, and/or other electronic manufacturing processes and inspection equipment
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado