Radiation Test Engineer II/III
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Radiation Test Engineers are responsible for implementing aspects of the radiation control plan for various programs. These aspects include designing laboratory tests for electronic component characteristics with an understanding of the application specific use of that component in the program.
Radiation Test Engineers must understand the effects of a radiation environment on those characteristics, as well as Single Event Effects, and Prompt Dose effects. The Radiation Test Engineer will assist in development of statements of work, design test boards, writing test plans, and performing testing in a radiation environment. The Engineer will also extract data from the part, perform the test report, and deliver the data.
· Understanding electronics requirements
· Writing a Statement of Work
· Writing a test plan for expected activities
· Performing a radiation test
· Data Collection/Extraction
· Learn the basics of DDD, TID, ELDRS, Laser, Prompt Dose, and SEE irradiation
· Follow SEAKR rules and regulations as documented in the SEAKR Employee Handbook and applicable operating procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Senior Test Engineers will be responsible for leading a team on test missions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
· Knowledge of SEAKR’s overall practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of a variety of software systems including Word, E-mail, and Excel.
· Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish good rapport with members of management and other employees.
· Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Ability to work on more than one task at a time.
· Ability to proofread a variety of documents and to pay attention to detail.
· A basic understanding of electronics test circuits.
· Ability to put in overtime as needed.
· The desire to work with your hands.
· Ability to travel at 10%.
Education or Formal Training (minimum level of education or formal training)
· Electrical Engineering Degree (or degree with equivalent experience), Physics, Nuclear Engineering, etc.
Experience (minimum level of experience)
· Understanding of basic electronics,
· Basic Programing (Python, FPGA languages, etc.)
· Electronics test experience (2 – 4 years preferred)
· Laboratory Technical Experience
· Board Design for a wide range of parts
· Design concept through Layout and Review
· Quick turn design experience
· Electronics Troubleshooting
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.