RF Satellite Communication Payload Engineer
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Seeking a talented, highly motivated engineer to lead the development and build of the next generation of RF Digital Payloads and Communication Systems. This position will lead the development of new digital processing systems and payload electronics programs in support of next generation of RF/Digital payloads.
Specific tasks include:
- Architect RF payload system concepts including and integrating RF/Digital Processors
- Full RF system level budget analysis of RF/Digital Processing payloads
- Management of requirements for proposals and through the program life cycle including delegating system level specifications down to the module level
- Interface with subject matter experts and providers of various subsystem products and technologies
- Interface with the RF Design team to understand various RF processing architectures and assess for compliance
- Support hands-on efforts in the lab from prototype through flight
- Working with the design engineers to ensure all RF requirements are understood and analyzed
- Support proposal capture and development activities, receive and interpret RFI/RFPs to break down requirements into architectural concepts and lead IPT teams in support of proposal efforts
- Full life-cycle program support, from kick-off to Test Readiness Review
- System behaviors and Con-Ops, required for emulation of unit interfaces
- Support Flight and/or Engineering Model system integration and checkout prior to formal test
- Technical coordination of subcontractors
- Experience in development and delivery of space digital processing systems and electronics
- Understanding of RF communications terminology and concepts needed to design a RF system from the antenna to the payload and back
- Significant experience with RF Payloads or Communications systems, design, development, analysis and test (10 years desired, 5 years minimum)
- Experience with high profile briefings to internal executives and customers
- Experience with involvement in multi-disciplinary teams (hardware/software) to produce advanced RF payloads and/or digital systems.
- Proven ability to develop and analyze technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. PDR and/or CDR).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers
- Experience with RF design communication satellite tools including (but not limited to) AWR Microwave Office, AWR VSS and Matlab
- Understanding of DSP and modulation concepts is a plus
- Experience with proposal development, technical and cost submissions
- Hands-on hardware experience with flight hardware
- Knowledge of RF Test Equipment
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado; relocation available.