2020 Business Integration Internship
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Becoming part of the SEAKR team means that Interns actively participate in real-world assignments! SEAKR designs, builds and delivers systems for Data Management, Processing, Avionics and Communications for customers around the world. SEAKR is seeking qualified Undergraduate and Graduate Interns to actively participate in real-world assignments, help solve challenging problems and contribute to the development of the next-generation of space electronics.
SEAKR Engineering Internships
Our vision is to be the leader in creating new avenues in electronics’ performance that withstands the harsh environments of space. Our entrepreneurial thinking and distinct ruggedized systems continue to help our customers achieve mission success and benchmark the highest of industry standards and technological prowess. As a vertically integrated company, our employees are involved in the architecture and conceptual designs of software, evolving system technology, and delivering enabling solutions.
Our mentors and team members guide you through your work, help you to integrate into our culture of collaboration and further develop and gain new skills. At the end of your internship, we ask you to summarize your work experience and lessons learned through a formal presentation to the company leadership team.
Additional opportunities provided through the internship program are:
- Unlimited job shadowing opportunities – in any of SEAKR’s departments
- Executive Speaker Presentations
- Lunch with SEAKR’s founding and ownership teams
- Day trip to a Colorado Rockies baseball game
- New Hire Interview Panel
- End of internship celebratory cookout
SEAKR is seeking a 2020 Business Integration summer Intern in Centennial, CO.
Start Date: Tuesday, May 26th, 2020
End Date: Friday, August 7th, 2020
Examples of assigned projects for the summer:
- Work to implement the process and mechanisms for purchasing a normally manufactured item to balance internal production. This involves documenting the process for how we will want to handle this situation, developing customization in our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to facilitate the process, and extracting data from our ERP system to develop reporting using SQL.
- Develop a new label to assist with increased organization and visibility of totes (totes contain our hardware) for the Production Floor. This involves gathering data and using a reporting or data visualization tool.
- We currently have a paper system for routing and approving employee Commendations. This project would involve developing an electronic format for filling out and approving a Commendation.
- Our ERP system contains many permission sets for each group at SEAKR. This project would entail analyzing the current permissions sets and building new ones based off of the various functions and group needs. These new permission sets would replace the ones we currently use.
- SQL skills
- Working with an ERP System (IFS) from the front end and back end perspective
- Other potential skills that may be developed depending on the project involve an understanding of how to use data visualization tools, data reporting tools, and web application development using Djengo and Python.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to learn technologies quickly and independently
- Strong computer skills in a PC environment using various business software programs (spreadsheets, word-processing, and databases)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, follow-up, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- We are looking for someone with a combination of technical and business acumen. Someone on the path to a degree in Business Information Systems, Math/Statistics, Industrial Engineering, or Computer Science (ex. with some business experience) is likely going to be our best candidate for meeting the needs of this internship. Basic SQL skills are desired.
- Strong and effective interpersonal, communication, organizational, and writing skills.
- Familiarity with SQL
- Ability to learn new systems
- Computer and Analytical skills
- Preferably finishing Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year in College but open to candidate finishing Freshman year
- Monday through Friday work, 8 hours a day, with flexible hours (anytime between 7:30am to 5:30pm)
- Python is a plus
- Ability to function successfully in both team and independent work environments
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado.