2020 Mechanical Engineering Internship
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
Becoming part of the SEAKR team means that Interns actively participate in real-world assignments! SEAKR designs, builds and delivers systems for Data Management, Processing, Avionics and Communications for customers around the world. SEAKR is seeking qualified Undergraduate and Graduate Interns to actively participate in real-world assignments, help solve challenging problems and contribute to the development of the next-generation of space electronics.
Our vision is to be the leader in creating new avenues in electronics’ performance that withstands the harsh environments of space. Our entrepreneurial thinking and distinct ruggedized systems continue to help our customers achieve mission success and benchmark the highest of industry standards and technological prowess. As a vertically integrated company, our employees are involved in the architecture and conceptual designs of software, evolving system technology, and delivering enabling solutions.
Our mentors and team members guide you through your work, help you to integrate into our culture of collaboration and further develop and gain new skills. At the end of your internship, we ask you to summarize your work experience and lessons learned through a formal presentation to the company leadership team.
Additional opportunities provided through the internship program are:
- Unlimited job shadowing opportunities – in any of SEAKR’s departments
- Executive Speaker Presentations
- Lunch with SEAKR’s founding and ownership teams
- Day trip to a Colorado Rockies baseball game
- New Hire Interview Panel
- End of internship celebratory cookout
SEAKR is seeking a 2020 Mechanical Engineering summer Intern in Centennial, CO.
Start Date: Tuesday, May 26th, 2020
End Date: Friday, August 7th, 2020
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a rising Sophomore or higher currently pursuing a degree in, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related discipline. Ability to learn technologies quickly and independently
- Strong computer skills in a PC environment using various business software programs (spreadsheets, word-processing, and databases)
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, follow-up, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Familiarity with Quality Control methods, configuration management methods and root cause analysis.
- Experience with assembly and test of spacecraft hardware and electronics is highly desirable, but not required.
- Coursework toward BSEE, BSCE, or similiar.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado.