Desktop Support Technician
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
General Purpose: The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for responding to and gathering information from users for trouble reports and requests. This person will be the primary point of contact for all SEAKR employees for IT-related issues. This is a full-time non-exempt position in which the work is performed under general supervision by the Manager, Information Technology and is evaluated on results obtained.
- Receive and respond to support requests from SEAKR employees, contractors, and guests.
- Gather information required to properly troubleshoot problems.
- Troubleshoot and fix user problems with PC’s, Windows applications, and approved personal productivity devices.
- Hand off request and information to appropriate IT members for problem resolution.
- Follow SEAKR SEPs and SEWIs as documented in SEAKRs quality system.
- Follow SEAKR rules and regulations as documented in the SEAKR Employee Handbook and applicable operating procedures.
- May be required to work off hours to support of users or systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Knowledge of mixed network environment, i.e. Linux, Solaris, Windows, etc.
- Knowledge of SEAKR’s overall practices and procedures.
- Ability to work on a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Ability to work independently in the identification of issues.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish good rapport with employees.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work on more than one task at a time.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
Education or Formal Training
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0 years of prior experience is required.
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado