Business Development Manager
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
The Business Development (BD) Lead, Processing Systems is responsible for maintaining industry awareness, generating leads, managing customer relationships and obtaining requests for proposals. The ideal candidate will have a solid business relationship network within the processor / space community. The person in this position is expected to understand where our business fits within the industry and understand competitor’s strengths and weaknesses. This person will collaborate with executives to execute SEAKR’s business development strategy through pursuit of high probability of win opportunities. This person is also responsible for the identification of new business opportunities and crafting a capture strategy for executive management bid/no-bid decisions. In order to put the company in a good position to capture future new business, the BD Lead is expected to provide clear input on future product offering needs to the IRAD planning and budgeting process. Although not the overall proposal manager, this person is responsible for directly contributing to proposals and the proposal process.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of and experience in sales, negotiations, finance and growth, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full-time exempt position, that will be “the face of the company” in Processing Systems, in which the work is performed under limited supervision by executive management and is evaluated on results obtained.
- Collaborate with executives to develop, articulate, and execute a business development strategy with short, mid, and long-term goals, by providing input from industry, market, and competitive analysis, customer needs assessments, customer feedback, product definition feedback, and future mission requirements.
- Establish and nurture relationships with customers to understand their current and future needs and promote alignment of our current and future capabilities to meet these needs.
- Formulate capture strategies and provide leadership in support of the capture teams. Provide support to the capture team in defining technical, strategic, and business insight for RFI, ROM, white paper, and proposal responses.
- Coordinate with executives to define and execute business development strategies to grow product segment market share and profitability, through market opportunity evaluation and segmentation, value proposition development, product positioning, pricing strategy, and communications strategy development.
- Contribute to and inform marketing execution for Processing Systems, which includes product & marketing literature, trade show presence, trade journals articles, white papers, press releases, presentations, and datasheets.
- The ideal candidate will also be proficient in Capture Management including contributing to technical volumes, developing program schedules, contributing to cost volumes, and pricing.
- Must be available to travel for business 20% - 50% of the time.
- The candidate will either have Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with polygraph clearance or be capable of obtaining.
Education or Formal Training
- The ideal candidate will have a technical background and an Engineering Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ideal experience is 10+ years of technical business development, with some proven experience in the Aerospace/Space markets
- To converse with and respond well to customer needs and inquiries, the ideal candidate will have some experience or familiarity with Processing Systems. This may include experience with signal processing, Single Board Computers, Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), communication technology. It may include understanding engineering trades encompassing size, weight and power tradeoffs, as well as some familiarity with throughput, bandwidth, cost, risk and reliability.
- Must be capable of creating and presenting high-quality presentations for effective communication of architecture concepts, trade studies, design information and complex analysis to customers.
- B.S. in engineering or other technical majors / technical background
- 10+ years experience in technical-related roles and/or business development
- Ability to obtain Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado