Manager, Test Systems
- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
Join SEAKR Engineering, a leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space applications. Pushing the boundaries of technology on a mission to change the world for the better from space.
General Purpose: The Manager, Test Systems Design will contribute to project design teams as well as manage and lead the Test Systems Design group. The Manager is responsible for the development of robust test systems that drive SEAKR products to validate and verify performance requirements. Our fully-integrated test systems combine COTS electronics and rack equipment with custom FPGA and circuit board designs. Implementation strategies include commonality between programs, reuse of equipment and designs and strategic investments in equipment/technology. Additionally, the Manager is responsible for aligning development processes and procedures with Flight FPGA and circuit board design practices. The Test Systems Manager is responsible for managing the engineering lab space requirements including the program allocation, equipment needs as well as acquisition and maintenance of the lab equipment. This is a full-time exempt position in which the work is performed under limited supervision by the Director, Systems Engineering and is evaluated on results obtained.
Development and implementation of SEAKR Test Equipment Design strategies
Responsible for estimating and verifying Test Engineering design and analysis efforts for all proposals and ROMs.
For programs that receive Authorization to Proceed, re-evaluate the scope and required personnel staffing for Test Engineering design and analysis efforts. Accomplish this tasking by the Concept Design Review (ConDR) milestone/event.
Assist HW Manager with Test Systems Design Group’s Staff resource assignment and management.
Assist PM in test equipment schedule planning, Perform schedule baseline and headcount reviews.
Update and maintain the Line Manager Staffing Plan (LMSP) for the test systems group on at least a monthly basis. When the need for additional test systems personnel is identified, aggressively pursue candidates and get to the point of generating offers expediently.
Develop annual performance appraisals for members of the Test Systems Design Group.
Provide technical oversight and direction on SEAKR development programs with respect to test systems design.
Identify, document, and maintain Test Systems design processes that can increase efficiencies and/or decrease design defects. This shall be accomplished through the implementation of SEPs and SEWIs pertaining to the Test Systems organization.
Provide technical guidance to members of the Test Systems Design Group defining standards, recommending various training opportunities, and ensuring the quality of the work produced.
Manage the engineering lab areas.
Identify lab and engineering equipment for capital budgets and managing the purchases.
Ensure that Test Systems personnel understand and adhere to applicable SEAKR SEPs and SEWIs as documented in SEAKRs quality system.
In the event that conflicting direction is given to Test Systems personnel by program management, you will not be held accountable for those personnel’s adherence to SEAKR processes.
Follow SEAKR rules and regulations as documented in the SEAKR Employee Handbook and applicable operating procedures.
Participates in or prepares a variety of special projects at the direction of the management of the company.
Read professional journals and updates and attends seminars to keep aware of trends.
Provide or assign Test Systems representation for SEAKR LEAN events.
Support program closeouts of test equipment
Performs other duties as assigned.
Plans, organizes and oversees the work of the Test Engineering group.
Reviews and evaluates performance, recommending salary increases and/or disciplinary action for direct reports.
Responsible for ensuring all department personnel are properly trained to perform their assigned duties. This includes Agile / Scrum framework if applicable to their program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of aerospace business and operations.
· Knowledge of internal companies operations as they relate to engineering.
· Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
· Knowledge of SEAKR’s overall practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of a variety of software systems including Word, E-mail, Excel and their applicability to SEAKR’s operations.
· Ability to make decisions in accordance with company policies and practices.
· Ability to effectively analyze situations and recommend improvements.
· Ability to work independently in the identification and coordination of programs.
· Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to establish good rapport with members of management and other employees.
· Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
· Ability to work on more than one task at a time.
· Ability to operate the equipment listed below.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to proofread a variety of documents and to pay attention to detail.
Education or Formal Training (minimum level of education or formal training)
· BSEE or equivalent technical degree; or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience (minimum level of experience)
· Typically 10 years relevant design and managerial experience.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
· Lab Equipment
· Personal computer
· General office software (MS word, Excel, etc)
· Specialized software (as required) can include, but not limited to: MS Project, SEAKR MRP System, others.
· Copy machine
· Fax machine
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
· Moving from workstation to workstation, sitting at least 80% of the time, lifting, on occasion, 20 pounds or more. Reaching, handling, fingering when performing administrative related duties.
· Able to exchange information and understand the written and spoken word is also required to successfully perform these duties.
· Mental functions including comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, negotiating, communicating and instructing are all requirements of this position.
· In addition, interpersonal skills and behaviors are required to successfully complete the essential functions of this position.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado