- 6221 S Racine Cir, Englewood, CO 80111, USA
If your goal is to work for a mid-sized, family owned, business with a casual culture where employees are able to learn, grow, and expand their roles, SEAKR Engineering, Inc. is the place for you. SEAKR is the leading-edge provider of advanced electronics for space. Our products are on the International Space Station, interplanetary missions, satellite constellations that explore Earth's atmosphere, and technology that protects our citizens and service-members stationed at home and abroad, just to name a few examples.
A Contracts Manager at SEAKR is primarily responsible for contracts, agreements, and communications between SEAKR and its customers, however, due to the dynamic nature and size of the company, there are many secondary responsibilities where a wide variety of skill-sets may be applicable. Some of the secondary responsibilities include export control, legal analysis and interpretation, business development, supply chain management, negotiations, earned value management, and other accounting/business items. SEAKR is looking for an experienced, self-starting, candidate with a solid understanding of the contracting process, with supplemental skills applicable to those secondary responsibilities.
The company is seeking a candidate who will:
- Review contracts, subcontracts, and solicitations, and drafts proposals, bids, contracts, and contract modifications with government (classified and unclassified) and commercial customers. The candidate will analyze contract requirements, special provisions, and terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage the contract change control process, and will function as a domain expert on selected areas and issues.
- Provide authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contractual issues, and will be the focal point for resolution thereof.
- Prepare requests for proposals, assist in new business pursuit and associated contract strategy, as well as the identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- Have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial and analytical issues and profit loss implications.
- Mentor and train less experienced professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- A J.D. or Master's degree in business is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience in contract or subcontract management
- Detailed knowledge of procurement regulations (FAR, DFARS), contract types (FFP, Cost Plus, T&M), and commercial contracting law
- Knowledge of export regulations (ITAR, EAR), along with practical working knowledge of navigating the licensing authorities is a plus.
- Experience in international transactions is desired.
- Must be eligible for or possess a Top Secret security clearance.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- SEAKR is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- US Citizenship Required
- SEAKR offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Location: Colorado