YOUTH SERVICES PROGRAM PREVENTION ADVOCATE
- 1900 Mowry Ave, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
SAVE’s mission is to strengthen every individual and family we serve with the knowledge and support needed to break the cycle of domestic violence and build healthier lives. In pursuit of this mission, SAVE provides a comprehensive range of direct services to people experiencing domestic violence from immediate crisis intervention to long-term supportive services. SAVE offers competitive benefits and a fun and stimulating work environment. We are focused on continually improving our survivor- centered, trauma- informed work and meeting the needs of the diverse communities we serve.
Youth Services Program (YSP) Advocate. We are looking for a YSP Advocate to support the prevention and intervention services for the Youth Services Program at SAVE. The YSP Advocate will: 1) implement our prevention education presentations to various schools sites on healthy and abusive relationships; 2) develop curriculum topics, activities, and stay on top of data collection; 3) provide crisis intervention and case management to youth who disclose harm with the support of YSP Manager.
This position is grant funded through August 31, 2021. Must be available during school hours (Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm) at least 3 days a week.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: Strong candidates for this position will demonstrate an understanding of specific issues faced by youth. The candidate will have a deep commitment to providing trauma informed, youth-centered, and harm-reduction services. Previous experience working with youth, educators, service providers and survivors is strongly desired. Developing curriculum and activities is also strongly desired. Candidates who are bilingual and bicultural and who have lived experience with domestic violence are strongly encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
● High school diploma or equivalent required.
● Strong writing and oral skills.
● Comfortable discussing sensitive topics with youth.
● Able to deliver material while facilitating discussion with enthusiasm.
● Ability to efficiently and adapt to various settings to effectively engage youth.
● Ability to build rapport with youth in a short period of time.
● Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Comfortable working independently as well as in a team.
● Social justice knowledge, including domestic violence and its intersections.
● Commitment to preventing domestic violence and/or passion for working with youth.
● Basic knowledge utilizing Microsoft and Google Suite, graphic resources, word processing, etc.
● Demonstrate commitment to the mission and values of SAVE.
● Has reliable transportation and willing to travel to school sites.
● Must possess a valid California driver’s license, insurance, and access to an automobile. Proof of insurance and loss of payee endorsement is required. Must meet agency’s driving requirements.
As an equal opportunity employer, SAVE supports equal opportunity for employment and advancement free of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex (includes sexual harassment) pregnancy (childbirth or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), mental or physical disability (includes HIV and AIDS), political affiliation/opinion, Veteran's status, or request for family medical leave. SAVE is committed to ensuring that the work environments of SAVE employees are free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.