Senior Systems Engineer
- Folsom, CA
SAFE Credit Union has served its members with integrity, exceptional service, innovative products, and progressive technology since 1940. During our 75-year history, we have grown from 10 founding members to more than 180,000 today who live and work throughout the Greater Sacramento region.
Since our inception, we have been dedicated to offering our members a world of superior financial services at lower and no costs. Because SAFE is a financial cooperative, each member benefits from the combined strength and unique commitment to excellence that SAFE provides.
Your SAFE membership is a valuable financial resource that you and your family can share. If you live, work, or worship in Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, Yuba, Sutter, Amador, Butte, Contra Costa, Nevada, San Joaquin, Solano, or El Dorado Counties, you can become a part of the SAFE family and take advantage of the many affordable benefits.
Responsible for the design, management, monitoring and daily operation of the credit union’s server, network, and storage infrastructure to ensure maximum availability, performance, and security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems Design, Management, and Monitoring (80%)
· Design and manage physical and virtual infrastructure environments including server, network, and storage platforms
· Design and manage system, application, and database environments to include Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Clustering, HP-UX, Linux/Unix, Oracle, and data backups
· Monitor systems and application availability, performance, security and capacity; take corrective measures to ensure optimal performance and make recommendations for purchases and upgrades
· Generate and maintain system and application operation procedures and topology diagrams
· Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve system and application faults
· Develop design documentation, project plans and test procedures for the installation and upgrade of hardware and software
· Develop, test, and implement procedures necessary for system and application recovery
· Ensure system and application compliance with all applicable business polices and standards, and regulations
· Interact with vendor(s) for system and application upgrades and problem resolution
· Evaluate and recommend new and emerging technology
· Lead and support projects assigned to the IT Infrastructure and Services Team
· Mentor and train junior and journey level Systems Engineers
· Produce reports and perform additional tasks as assigned
Systems Device Installation/Replacement (20%)
- Install fully assembled system infrastructure devices (servers, switches, storage arrays, etc.) to support emerging business needs, hardware lifecycle, and/or hardware failure
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four-year college or university program certificate; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certifications in the following areas is considered a plus in our selection process:
· VMware vSphere
· HP 3PAR/EMC VNX
· HP BCS/Cisco UCS
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012/2016
· HP-UX/Red Hat Linux
· HP Data Protector
· SQL Server Clustering/Oracle
· HP, Cisco, Brocade and EMC server, network, storage
· Microsoft Windows Server, Linux RedHat, Unix, HP-UX
· SQL and Oracle databases
· TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS and DHCP
· Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Authority, NTFS, DFS, CIFS, SMTP
· Cisco Unified Communications, VoIP
· Data backup management
· Load balancing
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Must be a self-starter, able to work without constant supervision
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong investigation, remediation, and reporting intuition
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
· Must be customer service oriented to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Heavy SQL experience
SAFE Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Interested candidates should visit the SAFE career site at safecu.org and complete an online application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.