Java & Kotlin Android Developer
- 8542 25th Ave NW, Seattle, Washington
We’re a staffing company but to us it’s about so much more than that. You see, RYLEM is acutely aware of its place in this world. We are here to make people's lives easier and we’re totally focused on that. We help companies hire some of the best and brightest talent available. We help some of the brightest minds in Seattle find their dream jobs last and certainly not least, we’re helping RYLEM's internal employees take the next evolution of their careers and all the while, really enjoying almost every second of it. Like 99.9%. We think that’s pretty good … and honest.
- Develop the Android libraries, services, and SDKs which form the foundation of Client's mobile applications.
- Work in a fast-paced Scrum environment in a pod of 4-8 developers and designers delivering complete features for the end user.
- Work with REST APIs and services.
- Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions.
- Mentor, document, and share knowledge, growing the technical capability of the team around you.
- Follow software engineering best practices in code, architecture, and testing.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- A passion for developing products, and working in teams.
- 4+ years working in software development teams.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design, with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience with Java and Kotlin Android development, and ability to pick up new languages and tools quickly.Familiarity with one or more of the following a bonus:
- Android Studio
- Ability to work well with others, learn on the job, and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- A focus on user-oriented development, supporting services, and end-user satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment testing, tooling, and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.