Control Room - Compliance Manager
- New York, NY
Investment Bank, FINRA Member. U.S. Based Financial Services Company.
Position and Department OVERVIEW: This job is in the Compliance Control Room, which is responsible for Research and Investment Banking Compliance. Will interact daily with Research and Investment Banking Departments, Compliance Control Room staff and other members of the Compliance Department in carrying out the assigned duties and Compliance oversight.
· Conduct compliance controls and reviews; addressing research and investment banking activities
· Assist in implementing Information Barrier policies and procedures by maintaining the Watch and Restricted Lists
· Conduct surveillance of trading activities in relation to the Watch and Restricted Lists
· Communicate with Sales, Trading, Research and Investment Banking personnel regarding specific firm transactions and compliance related issues
· Assist business line management with Information Barrier "Over the Wall" requests; NOTE by RECRUITER: this was informally termed and not used by the Company as over the "Chinese Wall";
· Educate and enforce the employee trading policy
· Assist in responding to regulatory inquiries and keeping the Control Room current on relevant regulatory changes
· Manage multiple, deadline-oriented tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Draft Compliance Alerts, Compliance Manuals and Supervisory Manuals
· Assist with preparation of presentations to large and small groups on compliance issued policies and memos
Three “must haves”:
·Ensure compliance with the Global Settlement: – Chaperone banking/equity research personnel communications and meetings. – Review correspondence between banking and equity research personnel.
·Review excerpts from equity and debt research reports referred by Supervisory Analysts to ensure compliance with various restrictions.
·Analyze applicable safe harbors for research under Sections 138 and 139 of the Securities Act of 1933
·Understanding of the rules and regulations relevant to the operation of a Control Room for an Investment Bank, experience working for FINRA, another Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) or regulator (e.g. S.E.C.).
·5 or more years of experience in any of the following:* Knowledge of securities laws including SEC Reg M, FINRA Rule 2241 & 2242, SEC Rules 137, 138, 139, 144A and Reg D etc
·Application of trading and communications restrictions during quiet periods before and after capital markets transactions and lock-up expiration
·Series 7; Series 87 preferred though not required
* Must be comfortable interacting with different levels of business lines and senior management, and be able to conduct presentations and training sessions.
*Strong analytical and problem solving skills along with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment are required. along with a professional and detail-oriented demeanor. Initiatives in accomplishing tasks, reviews and attention to detail are necessary.
This is a full-time permanent position. In addition to salary, the position will offer benefits that are available to all Company employees.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Annual Bonus potential
If this sounds like the right job for you, you can use the button below to submit your resume. Please attach resume in Word format preferably or send email with it attached.