SENIOR LOAN OFFICER
- New York, NY
Innovative start-up organization financing healthcare services.
The Senior Loan Officer will handle evaluating and underwriting loans to healthcare providers, including initial review, loan structuring, underwriting and closing. The position will also involve managing a portion of Company loan portfolio. The Position will report to the Chief Lending Officer (“CLO”), support business development and lending activities.
- Utilize, Develop a deep understanding of the healthcare sector, including financial, market and regulatory issues required to successfully evaluate, underwrite and service loans.
- Under the direction of the CLO, assist business development staff to evaluate potential loan opportunities, manage borrower relationships.
- Wotking closely with the CLO, evaluate, underwrite and close new loans, including:
- Due diligence review of potential borrowers, including detailed analysis of their financial statements, organizational capacity, proposed use of loan proceeds, market and regulatory environment.
- Identify, mitigate key financial, organizational, market, regulatory and implementation risks of proposed loans.
- Structure new loan proposals, including evaluating potential loan terms and preparing draft term sheets.
- Prepare initial loan summaries and comprehensive credit memos, and present proposed loans to management and Loan Committee for review and approval.
- Manage the loan closing process, including working with outside legal counsel, reviewing closing due diligence and negotiating loan documents.
- Manage a portfolio of existing loans, including reviewing financial, impact, other reporting, monitoring compliance with loan terms, handling loan modifications, workouts and conducting annual site visits.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal, written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate admirable ethics in interpersonal relations.
• Proficient knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Power Point.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Public Health, Public Policy or related field. Will consider Bachelor’s Degree B.A. or B.S. with equivalent experience.
• 5-7 years’ of lending experience in healthcare finance, community development finance, commercial lending or directly related field.
• Demonstrated experience in structuring, underwriting and negotiating complex community development financial transactions.
• Must be highly motivated, able to work independently, with modest supervision, and collaboratively in a team setting.
• Demonstrated passion for working in a mission driven organization with a commitment to affecting positive change in low-income communities.
• Understanding of financial accounting.
• Strong analytic skills, including financial analysis, business planning or organizational assessment, and qualitative research.
• Ability to identify, evaluate and mitigate risk.
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry, business lending and/or formal credit training, Preferred.
• Experience balancing mission goals with solid underwriting judgement and risk mitigation.
• Ability to think proactively and creatively to effectively solve problems.
This is a full-time permanent position. In addition to salary, the position will offer comprehensive benefits that are available to all Company employees.
If this sounds like the right job for you, you can use the button below to submit your resume. Please attach resume in PDF format preferably or send e-mail with it attached.