- Fascinatio Boulevard 1242, 2909 VA Capelle aan den IJssel, Netherlands
Roll Group takes care of heavy cargo transport and lifting both on land and at sea. The exceptional combination of transportation and installation capabilities enables Roll Group to offer complete Factory to Foundation solutions. Combined with engineering expertise and unique know-how, this makes Roll Group the preferred heavy cargo partner offering effective, innovative and sustainable services.
Roll Group has two forces, RollDock and Roll-Lift, operating under one name.
RollDock owns and operates an innovative fleet of highly adaptable heavy transport vessels. With semi-submersible multifunctional vessels, RollDock can handle a wide variety of situations and circumstances. As part of Roll Group, RollDock benefits from in-house essential knowledge and engineering expertise. With over ten years of experience and specially designed vessels, RollDock ensures the safe transportation of heavy cargo across the world’s oceans.
Roll-Lift operates a large heavy cargo transport and lift fleet of specialized cranes and state-of-the-art equipment. With an experienced team of engineers, operators and supervisors Roll-Lift provides a total solution to heavy transportation, lifting and onsite installation requirements. This expertise has most recently been focussed on the Americas and APAC regions with recently a start in the AMEA region with equipment and offices in Abu Dhabi and Qatar.
Roll Group was founded in 2006 and has grown into an organization with approximately 360 employees worldwide of which 80 employees are active at the head office in Capelle aan de IJssel.
Roll Group has the ambition to grow worldwide in the renewable industry (offshore wind), the Oil & Gas sector, but also in other sectors such as defence and civil engineering.
Main scope of the responsibilities and activities are for Roll Dock. However to ensure standardised procedures, processes and systems world-wide, the role will have the responsibility to set group standards (Roll Dock and Roll Lift) for certain finance sub-processes world-wide and ensure compliance by definition of processes, distribution of manuals, training etcetera.
The role reports to the Group Finance Controller, who reports to the Group CFO.
Key responsibilities and main activities
- Finance accounting: ensure correct accounting of financial transactions in line with local GAAP and Group standards.
- Ensure consolidated accounting and reporting and intercompany reconciliation.
- Managing, guiding and motivating the employees of the finance department (around 2 – 3 employees).
- Performing internal control of the work processes so that they contribute to the high quality standard; you do not avoid improvement actions and you know how to include your team motivated in this continuous quality increase
- Preparing and supervising the annual audit.
- Experience accounting: accruals, project-administration, intercompany transactions, surcharging project results, work in progress, processing investments in the ledgers.
- Ensure uniformity in the administrations to be carried out within the organization.
- Optimizing and automating management information.
- Preparation and monitoring of periodic occupancy results, project results, several internal reporting, cash flow reports.
- Management accounting: ensure on-time and accurate consolidated reporting and forecasting in line with Group standards. Provide comments on financial performance versus budget and forecasts for the balance sheet.
- Project administration: ensure proper accounting and tracking of project costs, including docking of vessels.
- Treasury: management of cash flow for financial transactions in line with local legal and Group standards. Set up and management of bank accounts. Define group standards and set up cash pooling and hedging (forex, interest rates) mechanism and systems.
- Tax: preparing VAT Statement, support Corporate Tax Statements, execute simple CTS indepently
- Purchase to Pay: Compliance with group policy and procedures, payment of supplier invoices in line with payment terms.
- Billing: creation and delivery of invoices for company’s services in line with local legal and Group standards.
- Credit control: collection of receivables from customers in line with payment terms
- Query management: effectively responding to customer queries on invoices and ensuring a clear and quick response
Internal Control, Policies and Procedures
- Contributing to a strong internal control environment within the accounting function is maintained, in which custody of assets, corporate records and authorisation procedures meet corporate standards.
- Contributing to a definition and implementation of Group and local authorisation matrices.
- Ensure proposed contractual commitments with suppliers for costs and capital expenditure are authorised based on purchase orders and in line with policies.
- Maintain a sound system of internal control that ensures payments to all suppliers are authorised and valid.
- To ensure accurate, complete and up-to-date financial accounting records are maintained and to ensure both internal and external financial reports, returns and statements are based on those records.
Cash Flow Management
- To minimise trade working capital by managing receivables and payables practice and by monitoring payment terms agreed with customers and vendors by Sales and Procurement departments.
- To effectively deploy capital funds employed in financing fixed and current assets.
- Ensure all staff are equipped, trained, qualified, motivated, developed and empowered to provide high quality services and effective support.
- Develop succession plan for key finance roles and participate in the development of potential successors.
- Ensure consistently high standards of staff performance, good results and continuous improvement through effective communication and teamwork.
- Complies with all company related HR policies, procedures and legal requirements.
Competencies / personality
- Excellent level of attention to detail.
- Excellent sense of numbers and a well-developed analytical mind.
- Positive hands-on attitude.
- Be able to act at a strategic, tactical and operational level. A “can-do attitude”, has a pro-active and creative approach, is a self-starter, takes initiative, possesses persuasiveness, and can motivate his team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills applicable for multi-cultural settings and communication with executive, managerial and staff level. Way of communication: Open and transparent, able to challenge colleagues in a positive way, a down to earth person who can bring a consistent and concise message.
- Team player: gets respect based on his/her know how and personality and who is not afraid to confront and take an independent position and challenge others in the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Aware of own limitations, has a good sense of humour with a stable and reliable personality. Forward looking, focus on main drivers.
Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree holder in Accounting or Economy.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of accounting, financial analysis and forecasting, treasury, financing, liquidity planning, working capital management and taxes. Experience and savviness with different accounting systems.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience including 3 years as a Finance Controller. Experience with setting up world-wide policies, procedures and systems.
- Experience in a multi-national company and in working with different cultures and countries. Preferably in an international heavy cargo sea company.
- Fluency in written and oral English.
Interested? Please send your application via the button on the right, attn.: of Linda Vos-de Wit. For info you can contact her at: +31(0)102701450.
Recruitment by commercial agencies in relation to this or other vacancies is not appreciated.