Human Resources Coordinator
- 1825 TX-146, Dayton, TX 77535, USA
Roll-Lift USA, Inc.
Immediate Supervisor: Human Capital & Compliance Manager
Functional Relationships: Training & Compliance Coordinator; Assistant Controller; QHSSE Manager
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day functionality of the HR department. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. The Human Resource Coordinator ensures that certain plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and that plan provisions are followed. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Administers benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
- Reconciles benefits statements
- Occasionally conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in recruiting platform and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the HCC Manager
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions
- Files documents into appropriate employee files
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Prepares new-employee files
- Process 401K contributions and loans
- Create purchase orders in procurement system
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience
- High school graduate required
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job in compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. On a case-by-case basis, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM including a one-hour lunch break.
Travel for this position is not required.