Truck Driver, Super Heavy Haul
- 3109 OK-19, Carnegie, OK, United States
Roll-Lift USA, Inc.
Immediate Supervisor: OTR Coordinator
Functional Relationships: Transport Manager, Transport Supervisor, Operations Administrator
The super heavy haul truck driver position performs a variety of routine and complex transportation work in driving and coordinating transportation plans in support of project based and daily operations. This position requires a specific experience in super heavy haul transportation, including but not limited to hauling windmill blades no less than 70 meters long, overweight and oversized loads, and overnight hauls.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maintain electronic logs, and paper when required, of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Record service or repair activities; report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers; operate vehicles or material-moving equipment.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- When necessary, obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details; review work orders or schedules to determine operations or procedures.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, phones, electronic log equipment or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, other drivers, or third parties.
- Ensure correct permits are in place when hauling permitted loads.
- Stress management/composure
- Collaboration skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Suite
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to a variety of conditions at construction job sites such as fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly position. Hours of work and general schedule are due to change based on the project assigned.
Travel will be required based on project assignment.
Education and Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within the industry or related industry.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license and DOT medical card prior to employment.
- Possess a TWIC license or be able to acquire license.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.